cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
john9411
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Cloud keeps logging out

I have BT Cloud set to keep me logged in and to show Notifications. It keeps logging out at random for some reason. I get no notification that it has logged itself out and I only find out by chance by clicking on notification area icon. I can find no reason for this persistent problem as it seems to be completely random. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app but to no avail. Any suggestions? (windows 10 pc)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
mixmanuk
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Cloud keeps logging out

I'm having the same issue - it appears to have started after the last update.
I'm using Windows 7, I can login to it but it should then stay logged in so my files backup as setup - but the next time I access the computer the BT Cloud login screen greets me. This never happened before.
I have today contacted BT support (which took me over an hour to finally get hold of someone and complete my session with them, in addition to time on live chat) the suggestion they made was that it was indicating, as the BT Cloud app starts up, that my drive space is low. This is true, in percentage terms, but there is still 7.5GB available and, again, it was reporting the same thing on the previous version but that always remained logged in and running. I have requested they escalate it.
0 Ratings
john9411
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

It is certainly not a space issue. I have ample disk space, memory and processing power. It seems to happen to me when the computer hibernates but it is not a consistent problem. It can stay logged in for days and then next time computer wakes from hibernate state it has logged out. I would not mind if there was a warning (as with some other software that I have) but I have to check myself.  Doubt we will ever get an answer as obviously a lot of people do not have this problem - unless they are just putting up with it! I also have MS OneDrive and never have a problem with that.

0 Ratings
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Me too about once or twice a day it logs me out and eventually I get the login screen asking me to log back in - I click on "remember me" but it doesnt make any difference. What is going on

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @john9411 ,

Thanks for posting about the Cloud problems you're having. I'm sorry it's not performing as you would expect it to. Have you tried contacting the Cloud helpdesk on 0800 500 3114? Can you give them a try?

@AR_Help  and @mixmanuk can you also try the helpdesk. Post back when you've spoken with them and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David 

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
john9411
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Only problem with contacting Cloud Helpdesk is that to investigate problem they want remote access to my pc!

That is a non starter as, unless I completely remove everything from my pc, I will not give remote access to anyone.

As have never had this problem with Onedrive, iCloud, Dropbox etc. then it looks as though I will have to stop using BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
lucid_enigma
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

I'm having the same issues and on top of that experiencing the same difficulty trying to actually solve it.
BT's support for apps and software is terrible.  This is a communications company and I've spent 15 minutes already trying and failing to communicate  the problem.  Eventually finding other users with the same problem waiting for someone with any answers?!?
What kind of support is that and why have I dug all the way down here before the Cloud helpdesk number is even provided?

I'll try the helpdesk when I can, despite my preference for text comms, and report back here! smh!

0 Ratings
AR_Help
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Any joy with this I just started a new thread on the fact it is now telling me I am NOT ELIGIBLE for BT CLOUD !

0 Ratings
john9411
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

As a customer who has a NAS that easily backs up to OneDrive,  Dropbox,  Google etc. but not BT Cloud, I believe that I now know why support is non existent and those that you may, eventually, end up talking to never have any answers. BT Cloud is not provided by BT but by a third party (a company called Synchronoss). This company provides a BT specific backup facility. The problem is that Synchronoss will not provide support direct to BT customers as, probably quite rightly, they maintain that their customer is BT. Perhaps numerous emails/letters to the BT Chairman's office is the answer!

0 Ratings