Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simplysup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud keeps shutting down

Go to solution

I posted this message a couple of days ago, only to discover this evening that JohnC2 had seen fit to move it to a general topic concerning BT Cloud, and bury it in the (still climbing) 36 pages of that topic - not appreciated.

This is a separate issue from the more general problems reported in that thread. When it is running, BT Cloud works OK, syncing my files. My issue - which I've only seen one other customer report, in a response to my original post - is that the BT Cloud app keeps closing itself, and I have to manually restart it.

To (re)summarise:

The BT Cloud app keeps shutting itself down - or something else on my system is shutting it down, although if so I've been unable to identify the culprit.

When I start the app, it starts minimized in the system tray, and starts syncing. However when I check it a little while - time varies - later, the system tray icon disappears, and I have to manually restart the app.

In settings, the app is set to "Open at Login", "Keep me logged in", and "Show system notifications".

Any ideas on how I might troubleshoot this issue?

Nigel

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud keeps shutting down

Go to solution

Hi @simplysup and thanks for posting.

I think we'll need to take a closer look at this for you so can you drop me over an email with as much detail as possible and we'll take it from there. If possible can include a few screen shots of what you're seeing?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
mark553421
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Same for me. I have been trying to backup my files for four days now. While the app is running, it consumes 30% of my CPU. When I leave the machine, the app closes itself after a short while.

All that cloud storage, and an unusable app!

It was fine before the 'improved version'.

Mark

0 Ratings
simplysup
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

As of the latest update (15.2.8.24 is what my settings screen shows) which was offered yesterday, the BT Cloud app has been running OK, without shutting itself down, for close to 24hrs. I am hopeful this is a permanent fix.

Nigel

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Did anyone ever sort this out?

I have just realised that my BT Cloud app has been doing the same.  It does open automatically on Windows Start.  Today it asked for my password again!  If I open it manually it has A LOT to catch up on, and starts to backup using 36% or more, but closes after about a minute.

I've updated the app to 17.3.0.38 (prompted from within the app) and it is still shutting itself down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings