cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhilA
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Cloud mac app broken after update?

The cloud app no longer works after the update (Mac) - same errors appear when newly downloaded version of app is installed.   It's the app, the cloud can still be accessed thru the website.

Error messages in console are....

11/10/2013 15:45:51.659 [0x0-0x18c18c].com.fsecure.sync.BTCloud: Traceback (most recent call last):
11/10/2013 15:45:51.659 [0x0-0x18c18c].com.fsecure.sync.BTCloud: File "sync/gui.pyo", line 861, in update
11/10/2013 15:45:51.659 [0x0-0x18c18c].com.fsecure.sync.BTCloud: File "sync/gui.pyo", line 468, in handle_msgs
11/10/2013 15:45:51.659 [0x0-0x18c18c].com.fsecure.sync.BTCloud: File "sync/gui.pyo", line 445, in eula_location
11/10/2013 15:45:51.659 [0x0-0x18c18c].com.fsecure.sync.BTCloud: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lower'

which would (to this amateur) appear to point to a coding error in the sync/gui.pyo file, that I'd expect to be a compiled piece of Python code.  In the unlikely event I can even find this file, is it OK to delete it?

I tried to get this question over the phone to one of the BT Cloud help centres.   With the expected level of success, it's somewhat techy for a call centre to handle??

Anyone sorted this?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Cloud mac app broken after update?

Hi PhilA,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced with the cloud app since the update. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details and I'll raise this with the BT Cloud team. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
jcp-123
Message 3 of 4

My BT Cloud also stopped working after upgrade. Is this fixed yet please?
0 Ratings
PhilA
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

I'm the OP on this thread.

It's not been fixed yet for me, but there's a promise that the tech department will get to it in a week or so.  thanks to NeilO the mod for sending the info over to them.

I did try removing the app altogether (with appdelete, which removes all plists and caches, every trace of an app) and re-install.   On the first run there were no error messages but the Mac now appears to the Cloud to be a different machine to the one it orginally synced with (?).   Since then I've upgraded the machine's primary hard drive to a hybrid to speed things up, and have yet to decide whether to bother with the BT Cloud or just go it alone (sync backups) instead, with a local network RAID volume and judicious use of Dropbox.

I'd like to get the BT app working again, but it's always been clunky on the mac, slower and less user-friendly than dropbox or Google drive:  the price you pay for using them is in your own time to setup and maintain, but at least you know what's happening.

I'm waiting for a definitive word from the BT techies (or the F-protect techies) but nothing yet.   The fact that a backup app can break on upgrade, in such an impenetrable way, means I'm losing confidence in it anyway.

0 Ratings