Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 41

BT Cloud not Syncing

Go to solution

3 days ago I accidentally deleted a sub folder within the BT Cloud folder. I quickly restored it from the Recycle Bin but ever since the Sync Status has remained as Sync pending.  It appears to be backing up my files as before.

Within the Sync section of the dashboard I have all the folders selected (ticked).

0 Ratings
40 REPLIES 40
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 2 of 41

Re: BT Cloud not Syncing

Go to solution

I have a syncing issue too. I have just ditched Dropbox for a similar issue so wonder if it is my PC/Rourt/broadband causing the problem.

I have tried several times to upload music to my BT Cloud account. There is 17gbs worth of music. The sync starts ok but after a few minutes stops.

I have a 55gb Dropbox folder to backup/sync too. I have copied the files on my desktop to the BT Cloud folder and they all appear there as expected. Unfortunately the folders/files do not then sync to the cloud and are not visible on all my devices. This is important as I need to share the documents for business purposes.

I use a MAC MINI and have Infinity 2 with a download max of 70mb & upload of 20mb so in theory it should work ok ?

Do I need to cahnge settings on my MAC MINI or Smart Hub - I have just changed HH6 as I had the green light of death on many occasions. THe syncing/back up didnt work with the old HH6 either !

HELP !!!!!

0 Ratings
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 41

Go to solution

Unfortunately I can't be of much help. Eventually there was there was an upgrade to BT Cloud and my sync problem disappeared. Sorry I can't offer you better advice.

0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 4 of 41

Go to solution

Another BT Cloud user with syncing problems. I have a Mac Mini with BT Infinity 2 and a download speed of 70mb & upload of 20mb.

Using the desktop Finder I copied a 55gb Dropbox folder to BT Cloud - after about 3 hours of activity the copying ended and I have been left woth only about 1 gb of the Dropbox data copied.

I also searched my PC for music and found about 17gb of music. I uploaded this to BT Cloud and left it running overnight. It failed to copy and I keep uploading the music files and it copies a few files then stops.

My Dropbox folder has stopped syncing with over 900,000 files syncing & 25,000 being copies - this has gone on for 2 weeks - Dropbox support offer no solution other than unlinking, clearing cache, restart PC etc all of  which I have done several times without success.

It was in a somewhat excited state I looked at BT Cloud and found I had 500gb of storage hence why I copied my 55gb Dropbox folder but this doesnt seem to be any better.

I share files with my business partner so though BT Cloud would be the solution but it appears not so far.....

Is it my computer , Broadband connection or simply BT Cloud not being fit for purpose ?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @Marbella411,

Thanks for posting.

Can you check the ‘All My Files’ section of the iOS app / web app? The default view just shows photos, videos and music, but in the All My Files section you should be able to see all the files that have uploaded.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 6 of 41

Go to solution
I will do that shortly. There is definitely an upload problem as my Dropbox is stuck still with 800,000 files syncing and this has been the case since mid November . Files added to the Dropbox account on my PC dont sync with the Cloud Dropbox account. I demonstrated this the other day by copying 500+ photos from my camera memory card to the Dropbox account from my business partner's PC . The Dropbox app on my iPhone and iPad can now see these 500+ whereas before they couldn't as they hadn't synced from my PC. There is also the ongoing upload problem with OneDrive which I have now abandoned until the upload issue is sorted. The BT Cloud desktop app shows 18.88gb of 500gb used despite the BT Cloud folder on my PC having over 55gb of folders/files.
0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 7 of 41

Go to solution
On my iPhone the All files section shows 18gb of data
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @Marbella411,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. If BT Cloud is uploading correctly (it sounds like it is) and there are no other connection problems then it sounds more likely to be a problem with the other cloud software than with your network connection.

If that’s the case then you’ll need to contact dropbox / onedrive support.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 9 of 41

Go to solution
David, I think you have misunderstood my previous post. BT Cloud only synced when using someone else's computer in a different house using heir broadband.

My Mac mini connected to Infinity 2 connection at home won't upload to BT Cloud, nor will it upload to Dropbox or One Drive so it very much sounds like my connection rather than the 3 different software packages. Unless my Mac mini has a problem but it worked ok until mid November as did Dropbox.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 41

Go to solution

Thanks for posting @Marbella411.

I've passed this up the chain to our Cloud support guys for some guidance. I'll post back as soon as I have something.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings