Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 31 of 41

Re: BT Cloud not Syncing

Go to solution

David,

The syncing issue with BT Clod , Dropbox & OneDrive remains the same as before. I think the internet connection keeps dropping and is unstable. Often my home burglar alarm system brings up an error code to advise it has lost connection to the router.

I had the dreaded green light on New Years Eve & again the other day with it taking 30 minutes or so to reconnect and show the blue broadband light.

I am unable to test the line speed using the BT apps as it won't connect.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 41

Go to solution

Thanks for posting @Marbella411.

I think it's worth trying a new hub so I've sent you a replacement. Can you try that and let me know if it helps?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 33 of 41

Go to solution
Ok thanks I will try it as soon as it arrives
0 Ratings
Message 34 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @Marbella411,

I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. I hope you've received the new hub. Can you let me know if you have?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 35 of 41

Go to solution

Hi David,

Yes the 3rd Home Hub 6 arrived last week. It seemed to work better from the moment I plugged it in as it was showing the blue connected light within about 5 minutes whereas the previous HH6 took 30-40 minutes to connect & remain stable without the green light of death.

Thanks for your help in organising this. The new HH6 seems to have solved the broadband disconnection problems as my alarm is not disconnecting from the router overnight whichI think it was doing with the previous 2 routers.

In addition to the new HH6 install I had a thought about the energy saving settings for my Mac Mini. I wondered whether the file uploads/downloads were disconnecting as the Mac Mini was going to sleep. I changed the settings to stop the hard drive from goimg to sleep after 15 minutes & any other energy saving settings were turned off too. I am sure this made a difference .

I also completely removed Microsoft OneDrive from the Mac Mini , restarted it & carried out a fresh install. It started syncing after half an hour or so but as there was 55gb of folders/files to upload it took many hours to finally sync. OneDrive now works faultlessly & uploads any changes/new files straightaway. It syncs across my iphone & iPad instantly too.

I did the same with Dropbox by removing it & reinstalling. I still have some problems though with that software on my Mac Mini- it has uploaded 50,000 files but is now only syncing very slowly - 2 days ago it started at 900,000 files and is now down to about 500,000 left to sync. Any changes I make are not currently being synced onto other devices. I will research that error further.

I bought a new Dell laptop for my daughter last Friday & have installed OneDrive & Dropbox on that and both apps sync instantly so it looks like there is a specific problem with the Mac Mini & Dropbox rather than it being HH6/broadband related.

I haven't tried BTCloud yet but will give that a go later this week to see how that works.

As you can see I have carried out the mortal sin of changing 3 things on my computer system at the same time so I can't be entirely sure which one or which combination of them has fixed the problem but it all seems to point to now there is no fault with my broadband connection/HH6 which was my original belief hence my posting. 

Thanks for your interest in my problem and for your help in sorting out a new HH6 & for resolving the issues.

I will let you know if BTCloud works when I try it too.

Stephen

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 41

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @Marbella411. It sounds like things are moving in the right direction. I'm glad the new hub has helped. Let me know how you get on with the Cloud.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 41

Go to solution

Thanks for taking my call today @Marbella411.

I'm glad we were able to get this sorted for you. Please post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 41

Go to solution

I have problems with BT Cloud, for some unaccountable reason it is failing to sync with my Computer , first time I have experienced this , I have checked everything but cannot establish the reasons , help would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 41

Go to solution

Unfortunately I can't be of much help. Eventually there was there was an upgrade to BT Cloud and my sync problem disappeared. Sorry I can't offer you better advice.

You've added your message to a problem that has been marked as 'solved' and this may be preventing your problem coming to the attention of a moderator. A moderator will be able to direct you to more helpful assistance.

Try creating a new message within this category (Broadband Extras & Apps from BT).

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 41

Go to solution

Thanks for your response , it now seems according to BT in Mumbai ! that BT Cloud doesnot automatically sync and if I weant to ensure all recent files are placed into the system I have to manually upload them. If this is the case it is not a deal breaker but I am seeking a more expert response frpm BT regarding the issue.

0 Ratings