cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 41

Re: BT Cloud not Syncing

Go to solution

Hi @Marbella411,

Can you run a speed test, including the further diagnostics and post the results? Can you also try running a test at speedtest.net and post those results as well?

Edit - - Are you able to temporarily connect via BT WiFi which has a different network technology to help with the debug.

I know this isn't the solution or long term answer but it might help diagnose the problem faster.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 12 of 41

Go to solution
David, I had massive issues with my HH6 after I turned it off and back on again prior to the speedtest. For about 45 minutes it refused to connect with the green light of death coming on twice, flashing orange lights, then a solid orange light then the green light. In the end I removed the HH6 and swapped it for an old HH5. This connected much quicker and the test results below are for that router (donload speed is pretty impressive although upload is half the speed of HH6) . The Dropbox & OneDrive files still refuse to upload to the cloud even with HH5 so there is definitely a block or something stopping the files uploading . The BT Wifi is not showing on my router (either of them) even though I checked and it was enabled. I have therefore quit BT Wifi and rejoined it again so it may take a while to re enable on the HH5. Thanks Stephen Speed test results Download speed 69.78mbps Upload speed 10.13 mbps Ping Latency 38.75 Performance test results 1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 70.41 Mbps 0 Mbps 72.59 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 70.41 Mbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 50.81 Mbps-72.59 Mbps . Additional Information: IP Profile for your line is - 72.59 Mbps 2. Upstream Test: -provides background information. Upload Speed 12.97 Mbps 0 Mbps 20 Mbps Max Achievable Speed Upload speed achieved during the test was - 12.97Mbps Additional Information: Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time. It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly. If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance. Please visit the FAQ if you are unable to understand the test results.
0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 13 of 41

Go to solution

Screen Shot 2016-12-22 at 20.05.14.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-22 at 20.04.12.png

0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 14 of 41

Go to solution

David,

Sorry I only just worked out how to insert images !

Stephen

0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 15 of 41

Go to solution

Is there any progress with this as it has become very frustrating not to be able to upload to BT Cloud , Dropbox, OneDrive etc ?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @Marbella411,

@DavidM has been out of office over the Christmas holidays. He should be back tomorrow. I'll let him know that you were in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 41

Go to solution

Hi @Marbella411,

Thanks for posting. I'm in touch with the Cloud support guys, I beleive they've spoken with you as well. Are you still using the SmartHub? If not can you please connect it and let me know when you do.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 18 of 41

Go to solution
David, I have plugged the Smart Hub back in this morning and so far after 20 minutes I still have the solid orange light glowing ! I will persevere. The wifi is connnected just the broadband that is not - is this usual ?

I have tried to re enable BT Wifi over the last week without success. I have received the confirmation email from BT but nothing happens further and BT Wifi doesn't appear as an available Wifi network.
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 41

Go to solution

Thanks for trying that @Marbella411.

Can you leave it in place and let me know if there is any change? The Cloud team are trying to run a few diagnostics on the line whcih requires the hub to be connected. I'll let you know when you can swap back again.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Marbella411
Contributor
Message 20 of 41

Go to solution
David,

55 minutes later & still solid orange light on Smart Hub ! If I disconnect phone line lead it flashes purple then once reconnected flashes orange then solid orange.

Stephen
0 Ratings