cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

BT Cloud not backing up iPhone contacts

I have an outstanding complaint on this but was wondering if anybody has an iPhone 12 on EE and has managed to get this working. Mine seems to be backing up everything else but no matter what I try contacts do not get sync’d to BT Cloud

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT Cloud not backing up iPhone contacts

I've a Moto G6 and have never been able to back up contacts, but  it does back everything else up without problem.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

That’s my problem. Not been a lot of help from BT either. Have you logged a complaint

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hi @Martinjg and @CJ57. I'm sorry you're having problems backing up your contacts on the BT Cloud app. Have you given the app permission within your phone's settings to access your contacts?  This has to be done in the device settings and not on the app.

From the iOS Settings app, scroll down to the list of apps and tap BT Cloud and make sure the switch is green beside contacts.

On Android, open the Settings app Tap Apps & notifications. Tap the app that you want to update, BT Cloud.

Tap Permissions. Choose which permissions you want the app to have, like contacts

Let me know how you get on

Thanks 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

yes on iphone
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Hi @Martinjg thanks for trying that. I've just tested it here and my contacts backed up without a problem. In the settings cog in the BT Cloud app go to what to back up and make sure contacts are also selected there. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Yep all selected. What have you got in the contacts default account

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

@Martinjg it should say how many contacts are backed up and the date of the last back up. Below that it says 'to interact with and edit your contacts, please your native address book.  The native address book is the contacts section on your iPhone. If you install the BT Cloud app on a different device you can download the contacts from the backup. 

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

It only says 2 are backed up

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

@Martinjg have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? 

0 Ratings