cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichardK
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud not deleting folders in Deleted Items

I’m unable to delete 6 folders in my Deleted Items Folder.  If I click on Empty Deleted Items’ it fails and comes back with “We encountered some errors when purging deleted items.” If I select any of the 6 folders individually and then click ‘Delete Forever’ it still doesn’t work, but comes back with ‘A error occurred when deleting the folder(s).’  I have been able to delete other files in the Deleted Items folder.

When I go to ‘All My Files’ it says I’m actually only using 156GB of my 1000GB, but it’s also saying I’ve now exceeded this amount, so I need to delete these unwanted items to free up space! (Not sure how it crept up to this limit as the stuff in Deleted Items should only be of a similar size, but that's probably other problem...)

Anyone else have this problem or any suggestions on how to fix it please?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
jam2000
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud not deleting folders in Deleted Items

I'm having the same issue, did you manage to resolve this?

0 Ratings
RichardK
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Nope, not yet - and had no response/help from BT.  I was hoping the recent software updates would have fixed things, but the problem still remains 😞

0 Ratings
RichardK
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Just had a further play and seen that the folder sizes are now shown - and that the offending folders were only about 1.1Gb anyway.  So I delved into this forum a bit more and saw that it does full versioning of files.  As I had four .pst files being backed up (totalling >8Gb overall), this meant that I had over 100 versions of each of these - hence my allocation being eaten up.

So I think what I now need to know is that has anyone found a way of limited the number of versions of backups that are kept to a sensible figure?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Hi @RichardK,

I don't think there's a way of limiting file versioning (this should be something BT introduce as a top priority!!), but I would recommend against backing up .pst files at all - they tend to mess up most backup solutions in my experiance.

If you haven't already, my advice would be to move the .pst files to a folder that BT Cloud isn't set up to backup automatically.

0 Ratings
ellanvannin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

I have the same problem. I've just had an update but still no luck. BT should be monitoring the forums so they can help where needed, like some responsible companies do!
0 Ratings