cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kayell
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

BT Cloud not updating

My BT Cloud doesn't appear to have updated/added any items since April. I'm using less than 2% of the available capacity and the dashboard seems to indicate that it's all OK.

How do I get it to update (and keep updating...), please?

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: BT Cloud not updating

@Kayell Have you got automatic back up turned on? Check out this help link for more info on this. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
MCB
Contributor
Message 3 of 21

I am having the same problem, which started when I returned from holiday a week ago. Through another post I found I can temporarily fix the problem by pausing then resuming BT Cloud. It then works fine for the rest of the day, but when I start up my laptop the next day it does not back up any files I make changes to unless I "pause" and "resume" again.

I suspect this will need an update to BT Cloud to fix. C'mon BT!

0 Ratings
Kayell
Contributor
Message 4 of 21

Thanks, Neil.

Unfortunately I can't find an Automatic Backup section in Settings.  Could you be a bit more specific, please?  The system seemed to be working up till April and I haven't altered any settings meanwhile.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Kayell
Contributor
Message 5 of 21

Helloooo - is there anybody there...?

Is MCB correct that there is a problem with the system? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 21

Mine prompted me to update this morning, to 17.3.0.38 (from some other 17.3... version) but I only realised because I rebooted, and it needed me to login again (why?).  Then I realised it was shutting itself down as well, without backing up much.  Launching it manually starts it OK, but then it shuts down WITHIN a minute - sometimes only a couple of seconds.

I've checked the web site, and 19 minutes ago it backed up a file that I saved last November - so it is only 8 months behind.  What a pile of useless bits and bytes.

Windows 10 version 1803.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
MCB
Contributor
Message 7 of 21

I'm still having exactly the same problem. Has anyone got a fix for thid yet or will I have to keep pressing "pause" and "resume" on BT Cloud everyday to keep my files backed up?!?!?!?

0 Ratings
Kayell
Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Nope - no progress here...   I'm still stuck on 12 April...

I've also noticed that my Photos section contains more images from the internet (presumably collected from websites I've visited) than photos I've uploaded from phone, camera etc.  There doesn't seem to be any way to delete them en masse - let alone stop them in the first place.

Reading a few other queries on here,  I've concluded that Cloud is almost certainly useless and will probably abandon it unless anyone can come up with any solutions.

Best of luck!

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 21

I've just returned from holiday, booted up my laptop to add all the photos i took while away, and the BT Cloud app has backed them all up as it should.  MIND YOU, I am using an old version - see this thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
wenklaw
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 21

I find my BT Cloud iOS app backs up my photos to the cloud fine BUT what the BT cloud Mac OS app wont do is back up all of the files i select.  I select pictures and music folders and when its finished I appear to be missing approx 15GB's worth of files!!!! Done the usual, forget application data, paused, started, uninstalled, logged out, deleted all files from the BT cloud and started again.  Its not very good, shame as the storage amount is one of the best out there.

0 Ratings