cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud not uploading files

PLESE HELP - I have tried everything and , please, it is about time BT stepped up and tried to help me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BT Cloud has not been uploading for nearly a year. 

It should upload new and changed files that are ticked in the 'backup and shared folders' in BT cloud preferences.

The helpline cannot help, they don't seem to know what BT cloud us or how it works.

WHAT I HAVE DONE:

- set up folders to upload automatically

- downloaded and installed the latest version of BT Cloud (about a dozen times)

- rebooted numerous times

- ensured the internet connection is working and there is free space (200gb) on BT cloud.

- the sync folder DOES work

- I have waited many hours for it to start (one person advised 12 hours, I have waited 100 hours).

POSSIBLE CLUE:

- Every now and then, it uploads a few files (I change about 1000 files a month - about 10 a month get up loaded)

PLEASE DON'T ASK ME TO CALL THE HELPLINE - THEY ARE UNABLE  TO HELP. 

PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO UPLOAD MANUALLY - to do that takes 20 hours a week - either I have to reload ALL the files or I have to manually search for changed files on my PC and upload them individually.

I have run it under Windows 10 and 11.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

How do you get BT staff to answer a question?

I have posted questions about BT Cloud, but they never get answered. Is there a way to get BT staff to answer questions?

I don't want to use the helpline because they don't seem to understand what BT Cloud is. Also, I want a trail of answers - every time I phone the helpline I have to start from scratch and get told things like 'BT doesn't support that any more' (yes, really).

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: How do you get BT staff to answer a question?

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, who can help with some issues.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

So is there any advice to get anything fixed?

I have made more than 20 calls to the helpline, but each time I have to start from scratch. Is there a way to escalate this proble?

Surely if a problem is not getting fixed there is an escalation procedure!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

...and to add to the problems, manual updating no longer works!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @paulmarkj, sorry you've not been able to get the fault with your Cloud service resolved when you called in. If the advisor was unable to resolve the problem they should have referred your case to the tier 2 support desk.

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod tea. We'll be happy to check if it has been referred on for you and if not we'll arrange this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings