Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tarnbrick
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud not working on Windows Phone

Go to solution

I am using a Nokia windows phone with Windows 10.  BT Cloud worked fine on it until about 2 weeks ago then it started showing "Cannot connect to BT Cloud. Try again."  

I tried for several days with no change to that situation.  I have uninstalled the app, which is the current BT Cloud app from Windows store, and re-installed it several times but the problem remains.

I can access BT Cloud from my PC and iPad with no problems. It updates correctly as well.  But there is no way it will connect on my Windows Phone although it worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago.

Any ideas welcome. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud

Go to solution

@Tarnbrick Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, can you send over your BT account info including your BT ID using the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile and we'll get this looked at. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Tarnbrick
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you.  

I am using the current app from Windows store which appears to have no version number but is 9.1mb.

When installed it produces a three page BT Cloud welcome screen. Pages are entitled "Simple" "Secure" "Convenient". On the bottom of each page is "Get started". Clicking on that produces a screen saying "Error. Cannot connect to BT Cloud". Below this is abox with "Retry". clicking on that produces the same screen again.

0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Tarnbrick,

Sorry you've run into problems with BT Cloud on Windows Phone. Our programmers have got to the bottom of what's going wrong here, and are working on a fix now - the problem is a faulty configuration at our end, which will be stopping a small number of Windows Phone devices from successfully connecting.

The system we need to adjust powers all of BT Cloud, and so we're going to do lots of testing before we make the change, to make sure nothing else breaks when we fix your problem. Our programmers will be working on this over the weekend, and we'll make the change on Tuesday (4th July).

Apologies again for the inconvenience - you'll be back up and running on your Windows Phone by the end of Tuesday!

Thanks,

Joe

BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @Tarnbrick,

We published an update last night which fixes the problem you've been seeing, so you'll be able to install it now (if you're phone is set to update apps automatically then it may well have already happened).

Once the update is installed, BT Cloud will start working again.

Thanks,

Joe