cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud not working

I understand I may be a bit late to the BT Cloud issues but here goes anyway.

My son was using our cloud for his uni work so I have had no reason to go near it for months.  When I started it up yesterday it made me download and install the latest version.

I then get an error code of 1008 when it starts.   The "app" version on my taskbar tells me sync has finished but on clicking it also states I am not entitled to the cloub on my username.

Phone help desk cloud but frankly she was useless.  Without trying to help at all she informed me I would be best looking at the cloud help pages on the website.  Why had I not thought of that myself!

Phoned back to general help got put up the chain but they can't see what the answer is and now have a call open.

Searching the interweb it would appear this is a common issue but I can't see any solution as such.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud not working

Hi @Dinglebert,

Thank you for posting. When was the last time you were able to log into BT Cloud?

Please can you check if you can sign in using the web client - BT Cloud 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Last time I tried was some months ago.  The cloud is actually used by one of the kids for university.  Course now completed and therefore I was going in to empty it.

It is both the app and web client.  The web client is informing me that I don't have the cloud which is complete rubbish.  I did log a call a few days ago but no-one has responded.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Still nothing.  Have an open compaint with BT which is frankly next to pointless.  I am not allowed to speak to the people who can actually sort the problem and the calls to me get put off on a daily basis.  The log will show a call due today but it doesn't happen and the log moves to pretending that one never existed but a call is due on a later date.

The people who answer the routed calls to cloud support tend to know less about the cloud than I do and I know very little.

Complete lack of service and nothing it would appear I can do about it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I have BT Cloud loaded on my desktop and laptop. It is working perfectly on my desktop (20.6.1) but has stopped working on my laptop.

I get the cloud icon in my taskbar but it is empty and when I put the mouse pointer over it I get 'attempting to connect to server'. When I click on the cloud  icon I get the dialogue box that I would expect, but nothing seems to work when I click on an icon. It says 'recently updated' but no items, and when I select an icon nothing works apart from in the three dots I can select 'about'.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled version 20.6.1, 21.2.8 and the latest version 21.4.10 several times but get the same issue. I rely on this app to sync between my two systems. I can load the web version via my BT. When I restart the laptop the cloud icon does not load, it is still showing in the Control Panel - Programs.

Any ideas please?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

After many months, phone calls, broken promises and the ombudsman service the long and short of it was that BT deleted my sons cloud.

They were unable to get it back.  Moral of story don't have anything on the cloud which isn't backed up anywhere else as BT will not help frankly don't appear to care.

0 Ratings