cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dinglebert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud not working

I understand I may be a bit late to the BT Cloud issues but here goes anyway.

My son was using our cloud for his uni work so I have had no reason to go near it for months.  When I started it up yesterday it made me download and install the latest version.

I then get an error code of 1008 when it starts.   The "app" version on my taskbar tells me sync has finished but on clicking it also states I am not entitled to the cloub on my username.

Phone help desk cloud but frankly she was useless.  Without trying to help at all she informed me I would be best looking at the cloud help pages on the website.  Why had I not thought of that myself!

Phoned back to general help got put up the chain but they can't see what the answer is and now have a call open.

Searching the interweb it would appear this is a common issue but I can't see any solution as such.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
PaddyB
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud not working

Hi @Dinglebert,

Thank you for posting. When was the last time you were able to log into BT Cloud?

Please can you check if you can sign in using the web client - BT Cloud 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Dinglebert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Last time I tried was some months ago.  The cloud is actually used by one of the kids for university.  Course now completed and therefore I was going in to empty it.

It is both the app and web client.  The web client is informing me that I don't have the cloud which is complete rubbish.  I did log a call a few days ago but no-one has responded.

0 Ratings
Dinglebert
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Still nothing.  Have an open compaint with BT which is frankly next to pointless.  I am not allowed to speak to the people who can actually sort the problem and the calls to me get put off on a daily basis.  The log will show a call due today but it doesn't happen and the log moves to pretending that one never existed but a call is due on a later date.

The people who answer the routed calls to cloud support tend to know less about the cloud than I do and I know very little.

Complete lack of service and nothing it would appear I can do about it.

0 Ratings
paynes1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I have BT Cloud loaded on my desktop and laptop. It is working perfectly on my desktop (20.6.1) but has stopped working on my laptop.

I get the cloud icon in my taskbar but it is empty and when I put the mouse pointer over it I get 'attempting to connect to server'. When I click on the cloud  icon I get the dialogue box that I would expect, but nothing seems to work when I click on an icon. It says 'recently updated' but no items, and when I select an icon nothing works apart from in the three dots I can select 'about'.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled version 20.6.1, 21.2.8 and the latest version 21.4.10 several times but get the same issue. I rely on this app to sync between my two systems. I can load the web version via my BT. When I restart the laptop the cloud icon does not load, it is still showing in the Control Panel - Programs.

Any ideas please?

0 Ratings