Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DawkinsDog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud problem downloading files

Go to solution

Hi all,

I've only just started using BT Cloud and I may well be missing something so I'm sorry if this is laughably straightforward.

I uploaded some files from my phone to my BT Cloud and they appear on my PC when I go to the desktop app, but how do I download them from there!? I can tick each photo but cannot for the life of me figure out if it's even possible to download them, I can share them by email, Facebook, Twitter or direct link but not simply download, which seems a peculiar ommision.

I notice there's an option to make files available offline, but that's shoving them in a default folder on my C drive, which is crammed enough and hardly ideal (why can't we select where the software installs to, or where it stores offline files?)

Any help appreciated.

♦ Purveyor of paw based punditry on Twitter where I don the doggy disguise of DawkinsDog ♦
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud problem downloading files

Go to solution

Hi Dawkinsdog,

Thanks for posting. If you visit the bt cloud web site www.btcloud.bt.com and then select the files to be downloaded, on the '...' menu, select download and the file(S) will start downloading.  if there is more than 1 files, then a zip file will be created allowing you to select where to save to.  

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
DawkinsDog
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for that.

It does seem ridiculous to me that such an option isn't present in the desktop utility though, makes usage more frustrating than is necessary. Still, I suppose it is supplied free so can't complain too much 🙂
♦ Purveyor of paw based punditry on Twitter where I don the doggy disguise of DawkinsDog ♦
0 Ratings
alant1454
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi, I have just setup BT Cloud today and was puzzled by exactly the same thing but now undertstand what I'm supposed to be doing. I agree that it seems rediculous for the provided app only to do half the job.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi I have uploaded from old pc to restore to a new one running windows 8.

I have followed the instructions but when I click more there is no download option, just delete or offline.

Please help

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
You need to be in the web interface for 'download' to work. It is irritating as it gives you a zip rather than downloading the files where you want.

'Use offline' should be similar, but doesn't seem to work properly as it doesn't copy directory contents when you choose 'Use Offline'. Also, it puts them where it feels like (C:\Users\...\BT Cloud\devices\Web) rather than asking you where you want them.
0 Ratings