Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RKM
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT Cloud: "An error occurred when deleting the folder(s)"

Go to solution

How do I permanently delete folders from the Deleted Items section on BT Cloud?

I just get a message that "An error occured when deleting the folder(s)" and they remain there taking up allocation.

I have established that individual files can be deleted permanently, however folders just return the error message.  However I can't even open folders in (or restore them from) the Deleted Items to delete the individual files.

Anyone any ideas?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Cloud: "An error occurred when deleting the folder(s)"

Go to solution

@RKM I'm sorry about that, maybe our BT cloud expert @JoeV will be able to help you with this?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @RKM,

Sorry you're having trouble deleting folders from Deleted Items. We've uncovered a bug where a small number of customers (determined by account size / complexity) are getting an error message when they try to delete folders that contain content which has been uploaded from multiple sources.

We're going to fix it in our next web software release, but in the meantime we've implemented a workaround which means that if an account which is impacted by the problem gets full then we won't count items in the deleted items folder towards the account storage limit.

I'll post back here once the problem is resolved.

Thanks,

Joe

BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Cloud. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on BT Cloud queries. Go here for more info.
RKM
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Joe,

thanks for getting back to me on this, however that doesn't seem to be the situation here.  Perhaps I misunderstand what you mean.  Either that or the bug affects other situations as well.

In my case, the originally deleted folder was originally backed up from my desktop PC and deleted but failed to delete permanently from the deleted items folder.  After that happened, I decided to test other folders to see if the problem was just isolated to one folder.  Again, those folders and the files within came from the same source as the original folder - my desktop PC.  Only then did I try deleting a folder backed up from my phone and, as expected, that couldn't delete either.

However all of the first few folders came from the same original source.  In fact, originally, there was just one folder that was stuck, so clearly that only came from one source.

Hopefully the new software release will fix this as well as the bug you are currently working on.

However, I am off on my hols for a couple of weeks so won't be able to respond further till I get back.  😉

0 Ratings
ellanvannin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I also cannot delete folders from the Deleted Items.  Individual files delete OK but when trying to delete folders I get the message "an error occurred when deleting the folder".  If I select "empty deleted items" when there are only folders to delete I get the error message "we encountered some errors while purging deleted items".  I've seen that this a problem some subscribers are having trouble with and that the deleted items will not be counted towards the usage in this instance.  Can I register somewhere that I have this problem?  I also see that in May 2017 a BT expert said that the problem would be put right at the next update which was a few weeks ago now, but I still have the problem.  Help please.

0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @ellanvannin,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with deleting folders. This issue will be fixed in our next website update; the update we published a few weeks ago was for the BT Cloud app for Windows.

I'm expecting to be able to publish our website update in the next few weeks (potentially this week, depending on how our testing goes). I'll post on the forums as soon as we have a confirmed date for this update going live

Thanks,

Joe

BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
I am a BT Employee and an expert on BT Cloud. I am here volunteering my own time to give advice, on BT Cloud queries. Go here for more info.
0 Ratings
ellanvannin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Joe

It's 13 days since your post.  Any news about the update to fix my problem yet?

Cheers

0 Ratings
BT Cloud Expert
BT Cloud Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Hi @ellanvannin,

Yep - see my post here: https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Problems-with-emptying-folders-from-De.... The problem should be fully resolved.

Thanks,
Joe
BT Cloud ExpertJoeV
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
RKM
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi JoeV, as the OP in this thread I can confirm that the original problem I reported has been resolved for a couple of weeks now.

ellanvannin may report differently, but it is certainly fixed here.

0 Ratings
ellanvannin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

If you follow the link that Joe posted you'll see that my problems have all been fixed.  Not immediately and not 100% until I persevered but I now have more than half of my allowance still available instead of it being half full of deleted folders.

0 Ratings