cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tubbystar
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Cloud - says full when isn't

I am trying - for the second time - to take advantage of my 50GB of free storage.

I have added files and folders totalling 38GB to the BT Cloud Sync folder and left it to back up overnight.

This morning it tells me on the bar on the bottom that I have used up my whole 50GB. I have checked the trash and it's empty. I removed one folder totalling 7GB and it still tells me I am at 100%, however if I bring up the settings box showing the selected folders it correctly says 31GB used.

Confused! If anyone has any ideas, please help! Many thanks.

P.S viewing the cloud via a browser shows folders and files that have been deleted. You delete them again and they are still visible. What a mess!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Cloud - says full when isn't

Hi tubbystar, 

Thanks for your post. 

Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will get this looked into. 

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Highlighted
drewclement
Message 3 of 7

My 5GB cloud says full and it's empty, tracked the problem down to the "Trash" folder, needs to be manually emptied and it counts for space even though it's rubbish you've discarded. My problem is now I can't find where the "empty trash" button is. Could this be the reason for your problem??
0 Ratings
tubbystar
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hi and thanks. No it isnt the problem. Have painstakingly emptied the trash manually - as the 'empty trash' option doesn't work, but even now it is still saying 99% full.

0 Ratings
sab60
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi - did you ever get this probelm fixed. I was upgraded to the new version of BT cloud and now have exactly the same. The total of my folders to back up to the cloud is 68gb but with less than half the files tranferrred I'm getting the 'Cloud Full' error. Thx

0 Ratings
tubbystar
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Gave up in the end. Using OneDrive now. Not without its issues but so much better than this. Just not worth the grief.

0 Ratings
michaelkenward
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

BT Cloud is currently bust

The issue reported here is one of many that result from a change to a new system nearly three weeks ago.

I chip in only to point people at the large and growing discussion of the many problems that BT's customers have encountered with the BT Cloud, and because BT's minders are keeping their head down.

As yet none of them has had an answer, beyond the "contact a mod with more details" stalling tactic. I did that two weeks ago. (I have a different problem, shared by other folks, and can't get into the system at all.) Still no answer, despite the promise that they would try to respond within 48 hours.

Why not air your grievances on Twitter? #BTCloud and @BThelp are the people to finger.

0 Ratings