Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Norbury
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud security

Very pleased to know that as a Superfast Broadband client I have access to 1TB of BTCloud space. Could come in handy.

But how safe is it?

Does anyone know any details about the encryption at rest or the encryption in transit security. I can't find a reference to it anywhere on this community or elsewhere.

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud security

0 Ratings
Norbury
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud security

Thanks for taking the trouble Keith.

I've read that article. But it only tells me that "BT Cloud uses encryption to ensure your data is secure and private".

What it doesn't tell me, specifically, is what encryption is used on BT's servers, and when the data is being uploaded to and downloaded from those servers.

Compare this from Dropbox, for example;

• Dropbox files at rest are encrypted using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)
  • Dropbox uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)/Transport Layer Security (TLS) to protect data in transit between Dropbox apps and our servers
  • SSL/TSL creates a secure tunnel protected by 128-bit or higher Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption
  • Dropbox applications and infrastructure are regularly tested for security vulnerabilities, and hardened to enhance security and protect against attacks
  • Two-step verification is available for an extra layer of security at login
  • If you use two-step verification, you can choose to receive security codes by text message or from an authenticator app

0 Ratings