cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud smart folders off but keeps creating new ones

Hi,

I've unticked the Smart Folders check box on the web version of BT Cloud but about once or twice a week my laptop pings repeatedly with messages from BT Cloud telling me that Smart Folders have been created or updated. I have to turn the sound off as it's really intrusive - one pop-up message straight after the other. These aren't even related to files I'm accessing/changing.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I stop BT Cloud creating and updating Smart Folders? I'm not against the feature, but it's intrusive notification process drives me to distraction.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud smart folders off but keeps creating new ones

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Or do you know how I can raise technical issues like this with BT? Do they check these message boards?

Thank you,

Chris

0 Ratings
chris15
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Suggest raising it a technical issue.  Sounds very similar to my issue raised on the community more or less at the same time (also no response from their techies): BT Cloud keeping it's own settings rather than accepting user settings:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-App/td-p/1841493

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

How did you raise yours as a technical issue? Is there a number you called?

This feels like the sort of thing that just needs an email address to log it for investigation, rather than having to wait around in a call queue or try to have a live chat.

0 Ratings
chris15
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Think it was 0800 5003114 given to me as the BT Cloud team, when I was on live chat.  To be honest not sure now.  They did want me to share the screen which was a bit suspicious.  I refused even though it was given to me by BT.  In the end received an email from <wipro.kolkata.vas@bt.com> to which I sent screenshots.  Not heard since.

0 Ratings