cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Cloud smart folders off but keeps creating new ones

Hi,

I've unticked the Smart Folders check box on the web version of BT Cloud but about once or twice a week my laptop pings repeatedly with messages from BT Cloud telling me that Smart Folders have been created or updated. I have to turn the sound off as it's really intrusive - one pop-up message straight after the other. These aren't even related to files I'm accessing/changing.

Am I doing something wrong? How do I stop BT Cloud creating and updating Smart Folders? I'm not against the feature, but it's intrusive notification process drives me to distraction.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Cloud smart folders off but keeps creating new ones

Does anyone have any ideas on this? Or do you know how I can raise technical issues like this with BT? Do they check these message boards?

Thank you,

Chris

0 Ratings
chris15
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Suggest raising it a technical issue.  Sounds very similar to my issue raised on the community more or less at the same time (also no response from their techies): BT Cloud keeping it's own settings rather than accepting user settings:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-App/td-p/1841493

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

How did you raise yours as a technical issue? Is there a number you called?

This feels like the sort of thing that just needs an email address to log it for investigation, rather than having to wait around in a call queue or try to have a live chat.

0 Ratings
chris15
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Think it was 0800 5003114 given to me as the BT Cloud team, when I was on live chat.  To be honest not sure now.  They did want me to share the screen which was a bit suspicious.  I refused even though it was given to me by BT.  In the end received an email from <wipro.kolkata.vas@bt.com> to which I sent screenshots.  Not heard since.

0 Ratings
Petrus
Message 6 of 7

Nine months later and I am also experiencing the same problems. Clearly BT did not fix this. Reading other threads I came to the conclusion that the BT backup tool is fraught with technical problems and not fit for purpose. Save yourself the frustration and don't waste your time going down this road.

0 Ratings
chris15
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

totally agree.  Not fit for purpose.

I am now told that I cannot escalate the matter any further within their customer care team.  It is, I'm told, as high up as possible already.

Every now and then I get an email saying that their developers can't replicate the problem.  (I am left wondering if they even tried).  Even when I tried to become pro-active and ask them for details of settings they with which they think the icloud app actually works with, all I receive is total silence.

BT developers are not up to it.

BT customer care are not up to it.

The company has launched an app which is not properly tested and doesn't work, and they cannot solve any issues with it.  And they call themselves a commucations company.

I have uninstalled the app.  Would advise anyone reading this not to bother.

0 Ratings