Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
grahcurtis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

BT Cloud stopped backup up Public folders

Go to solution

Since the recent update to the application, BT Cloud no longer backs up any of my Public folders.  These were included in the backup until the update.  If I remove any of these folders from the backup and then try to add them back in, I get a "This is a protected path and cannot be backed up by BT Cloud" message.

Any thoughts anyone?

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES
ChrispyB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 31

Re: BT Cloud stopped backup up Public folders

Go to solution

I'm having the same problem. Can't automatically back up my Outlook data files any more.

0 Ratings
rwdybwl1
Beginner
Message 3 of 31

Go to solution
Same here! I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.
0 Ratings
pddco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 31

Go to solution

Yes same here.. Having had a chat with support, apparently there have been lots of customers with the same pronblem since the recent update (to 17.3.0.30). BT are working hard (not sure any other way they should work? Lol) and working with the supplier to get this fixed. A shame that it fell through the testing phase.. Up to now I've been quite impressed with the Cloud. Did the job. But now it doesn't..

0 Ratings
Adskew
Beginner
Message 5 of 31

Go to solution

Exactly the same issue here, I use BT Cloud for multiple machines and this is pretty disappointing.  The desktop app doesn't handle the situation very gracefully either.. I only realised the backups were failing by diffing folders on a local machine versus the backups.  I now see the same message when removing and re-adding the affected folders in my backup list.

0 Ratings
pddco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 31

Go to solution

It seems that the issue is still on-going. I've got this registered as a problem with BT and have sent various files back to them. Apparently they're still working with the development team to get it fixed. Perhaps don't hold your breath for too long eh?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 31

Go to solution

It appears I am another victim! Went through to 'help' and was assured that uninstalling and then reinstalling would solve it. It did not! It now does not even recognise my previous settings and says this computer is not backed up but still shows a huge amount of space used. Cannot restart the backup by selecting all the folders cos I then get the same message as you.

Very frustrating, I'm worse off by listening to tech support!!!

Anybody any idea when a fix will be rolled out? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 31

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

We've listened to the feedback on the forum, and tweaked the new, restrictive default blacklisting configuration of the client, giving the users the freedom to choose a more varied selection of folders and files to back up. However, as the discussion has been revolving a lot around Outlook data files, we would like to remind end users that including these files in an auto backup selection can always lead to problems, due to the unique way Outlook on Windows obtains the file lock to these constantly changing files. This configuration tweak is scheduled to be deployed on Tuesday April 10th.

Cheers

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
pddco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

Go to solution

@NeilO

Hi Neil. Many thanks for the update and appreciate the help. It looks like things'll be sorted soon.

I take it this'll sort the 'protected path' error message when trying to backup my Public Pictures folder too?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Swampylee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 31

Go to solution

Big problems still with BT Cloud and synching. Can we have an update on the status please and did your config changes get pushed out yesterday? Because if they did things haven't improved.

0 Ratings