cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 31

Re: BT Cloud stopped backup up Public folders

Go to solution

Like you I am still suffering the same problem. The program version that is being offered to download looks the same as the version that is giving problems so would hazard a guess that the solution was not rolled out as promised. It was all working so well and then it was 'upgraded' and has not worked properly since - time to consider alternative solutions?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 31

Go to solution

Like you I am still suffering the same problem. The version currently offered for download looks identical to what I am currently running so would hazard a guess that the fix was not rolled out as promised. It was working OK before the last update and now it is not - time to consider alternative solutions?

0 Ratings
grahcurtis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution

In addition to the original issue I flagged, I now notice that although new or modified files are tagged with the green arrow to say thay have been backed up, they do not appear in the website.  Looks like nothing has backed up since the download of the current version.

0 Ratings
Swampylee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 31

Go to solution

Yes exactly, I have a folder on my Desktop that an apps backups get written to and it's all been working fine and uploading the backups to BT Cloud fine. Since the new version this hasn't been working at all. I agree that up to now this has been stable and fantastic for months. How can a new version be so bad, seems to me that no real world users were used to test this as even a cursory test would have highlighted this issue. So frustrating.

0 Ratings
pddco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution

Apart from the response from @NeilO I've had no update from the BTCloud support team since I raised this issue. And it's still not fixed. I rang the BT Cloud support team - they said they'll be get back to me tomorrow afternoon (16th April) with an update from the 2nd Level technical team. I'll let you know what they said.

0 Ratings
billcubbon
Contributor
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution

Ever since the last update BT Cloud has been very problematic. Whenever I restart my PC, BT Cloud just sits there stating backup pending and doing nothing, e.g. doing no backups. I have found a solution but it is not satisfactory. This is to 'Pause' BT Cloud then 'Resume'. It then works fine until a reboot and I have remember to repeat the process to get it working again. Have spoken to the BT Cloud support team and they were of no use, in fact they do not seem to understand that there is even a problem. Great pity since before this latest update BT Cloud worked fine.

Might be worth trying the Pause/Resume solution to see if it works for you.

0 Ratings
Swampylee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution

Thanks very much for the tip, the pause and resume fixes it for me (I just have to remember to do this every time the PC is started up. Let's hope they release a fixed and stable version soon.

0 Ratings
pddco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution

Issue resolved - possibly.

Well, I didn't hear back from BT. And when I checked to see if it was fixed I got the same error message about the Folder (Public Pictures in this case) being a protected path. So before ringing BT again, as usual I tried restarting the PC (It usually comes out of hibernation).

Low and behold the folder backed up with no problems. It would appear that the issue has been fixed.

In case you were wondering,  I've restarted  the PC a few times before now - thinking that I might get a prompt for an updated version of the BTCloud - but the problem persisted. So perhaps whatever had  been causing the problem has only just been resolved. My BT Cloud Desktop version is unchanged at 17.3.0.30.

0 Ratings
grahcurtis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution

Interesting.  I think the Pause / Resume idea is now working on my system, although it did not when the solution was first posted.  The problems reported above are still there each time I start the PC but after applying Pause / Resume,  I can add in Public folders and the backup of new / modified files seems to be working as it should.  No update to the app.  This has only started happening in the last few days.

0 Ratings
billcubbon
Contributor
Message 20 of 31

Go to solution

Hi there.

Glad the Pause/resume method is working. Have done some more digging into this and may have found another connection with this. I uninstalled BT Cloud and reinstalled and things were again wotking fine for a day or so until the error came back. It seemed to come back when I was using a database file that renews the file that gets backed up whenever any alteration takes place, e.g. sometimes 2 or three times a minute. It seems BT Cloud froze when it was trying to back up the file while it changed again during that backup. I was then back to the old problem.

I uninstalled and reinstalled again and repeated this and again it happened.

Before the latest update by the way I never had this problem at all.

No it might all just be coincidence but I doubt it.

0 Ratings