Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grahcurtis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 31

Re: BT Cloud stopped backup up Public folders

Go to solution

Just got back from holiday hoping the new version would be out, but nothing yet.  Pause / Resume continues to jump start the backup, but only of new files.  If anything was changed before P / R it does not get backed up.

0 Ratings
billcubbon
Contributor
Message 22 of 31

Go to solution

Yes awaiting new version as well.

As I mentioned in a earlier post the problem seems to arise if a file changes while BT cloud is in the process of a backup. Only solution I have found apart from the pause/resume option, which has its drawbacks, was to uninstall then reinstall BT Cloud. Then if I was likley to use a particular application that changes files a number of times quickly I religiously pause BT Cloud until I have stopped using that application. Then unpause BT Cloud and it then backs up any files that have changed in the meantime. For applications that just change files now and again BT Cloud seems to cope with these. Fortunately I only have one application that makes lots of changes rapidly (database app) and I only use this once or twice a week.

Rather annoying to say the least since cloud backup should be something that you can just forget about until you need it to recover disasters etc.

0 Ratings
chris15
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 31

Go to solution

@pddcowrote:

Apart from the response from @NeilO I've had no update from the BTCloud support team since I raised this issue. And it's still not fixed. I rang the BT Cloud support team - they said they'll be get back to me tomorrow afternoon (16th April) with an update from the 2nd Level technical team. I'll let you know what they said.

I've just phoned BT about a BTCloud fault dating back to April.  The BT Cloud team had gone silent on me, nothing since 2 May.  Even after I emailed gently to ask whether any progress had been made.

I was told that my fault was due to be fixed on 6th June.  Needless to say that the BT Cloud team had not bothered to reply to me to tell me that - I had to phone up.  Apaparently the BT CLoud team don't have to give updates to their customers.  Sums BT up.

Meanwhile I have binned the BT Cloud App as it is not currently fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
grahcurtis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Go to solution

OK, just downloaded the update.  One issue fixed but the other is still there.  All the public foldrs are now being backed up and I can add new folders with no issues.  However, new / changed files are not backed up until the app is paused and then resumed.  Only then do I get the pop-up box telling me I have signed in to my account.  I used to get this on Windows start up before these problems occurred with the previous update.  Once I see that pop up, everything works as it should.

0 Ratings
grahcurtis
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 31

Go to solution

An update to my previous post.  After completely uninstalling the app, rebooting, reinstalling and finally loggin in again it all seems to be working.  The simple update of an exisiting installation does not seem to work.

Swampylee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 31

Go to solution
Thanks for the tip. I took screenshots of my settings then removed the BT app, rebooted and installed the new version again then reapplied the backup settings/folders and all is now well. The app logs in when the PC starts and picks up changes to the folders and backs them up.
0 Ratings
chris15
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 31

Go to solution

Doesn't work for me.

Repeated this: "removed the BT app, rebooted and installed the new version again then reapplied the backup settings/folders" and all that happened was to retransfer the folder but no files. 

Clicked on sync and the application stops just hangs while giving a status of Application Not Responding.  Only option is to Force Quit.  Been like that for minutes.

But I'm still waiting the absolute promise from BT customer services that they would call me on 6th June.

Maybe BT should run the trains and swap with Network Rail or Arriva Northern Trains who could move into telecomms.

0 Ratings
Swampylee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Go to solution
I need to check on the main cloud site but despite the BT Cloud app saying that it’s picking up file and backing them up I CANNOT SEE THEM through the BT Cloud iOS app. Seems that nothing has been uploaded since 17th April. Anyone who thinks it’s backing up correctly should check that the files are actually uploaded!!!
0 Ratings
Swampylee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 29 of 31

Go to solution

Panic over - I can see all the files are being backed up when I look through the browser based site. It's just the BT Cloud ios app that only showed old files. I solved that by removing the application and re-installing and logging back in, then all files appeared as expected.

0 Ratings
billcubbon
Contributor
Message 30 of 31

Go to solution

I was hoping that with the latest update they might just had fixed the continuing problem with BT Cloud but to no avail. I completely uninstalled BT Cloud and reinstalled and it seemed to be working. So I left it in the vain hope that the problems had been resolved. Undortunately the problem has returned AGAIN. It is stuck on 'syncing' and the dashboard shows backup pending with the application no longer doing anything. If I pause and resume it will start working again until a change takes place, then back to the old problem.

I just really wish I could roll back to the BT Cloud version that exsited 3 months ago when it worked fine.  As it stands it is not fit for purpose.

Time to uninstall AGAIN.

0 Ratings