cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud update flagged as trojan on Avast

Go to solution

I have seen many complaints about the latest update to the BT Cloud Windows desktop app. In my case, if I try to download the new version my Avast anti virus programme pops up to say it has blocked a threat (see below)

D_n_B_0-1607085438259.png

Is this a real virus problem or a false positive. Should I tell it to make an exception?

I have seen others saying that different antivirus systems have also flagged a problem. I assume there is something about the uopdated app that is causing this and needs to be fixed by BT, but meanwhile some advice would be helpful.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud update flagged as trojan on Avast

Go to solution

@D_n_Bwrote:

I have seen many complaints about the latest update to the BT Cloud Windows desktop app. In my case, if I try to download the new version my Avast anti virus programme pops up to say it has blocked a threat (see below)

D_n_B_0-1607085438259.png

Is this a real virus problem or a false positive. Should I tell it to make an exception?

I have seen others saying that different antivirus systems have also flagged a problem. I assume there is something about the uopdated app that is causing this and needs to be fixed by BT, but meanwhile some advice would be helpful.

Absolutely its a false positive - click the more options and add as exception.  Avast has been having issues with the idp.generic file in other cases also. 

Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud update flagged as trojan on Avast

Go to solution

Thanks  @New_To_UK 

I have told Avast to add as an exception - it took ages to process, but has finally allowed me to install the BT Cloud updated desktop app, which now seems to be working. It is busy uploading files anyway. Fingers crossed.

0 Ratings