cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud version 20.6.1 ( 1st December 2020 Update ) Not working

Two Issues with BT Cloud version 20.6.1 ( 1st December 2020 Update ) Not working

1) it is absolutely THROTTLING my broadband speed - when it is syncing my speed drops from 29mbps to less than 2mbps

2) it keeps updating the SAME files repeatedly again and again and again. Which means with the speed drop the whole house has had no proper working broadband for weeks unless we Pause Syncing.

These Speed tests were run with NO other devices than our main PC connected to the Router.

We have been through all the troubleshooting guides including resetting the router.

It is DEFINITELY a BT CLOUD issue with the new release.

Can anyone help ?BTCLOUDTHROTTLE.jpg

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud version 20.6.1 ( 1st December 2020 Update ) Not working

There are big problems with the latest update, one thread on this forum was up to 400 posts last time I looked. BT are aware and we're told they're looking into it.

EDIT: https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Won-t-Start/m-p/2118466#M41072

Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud version 20.6.1 ( 1st December 2020 Update ) Not working

I totally agree. 

The whole appearance of the dashboard and the preference windows are useless giving limited information and is very unstable.

Un able to move or alter the dashboard from its current location in the bottom right-hand corner of screen.  Although I have not verified it yet, when uploading 100GB to cloud, it took down most of the bandwidth of the Download space hence unable to download any data. Paused the uploads and all was OK. Bring back the old version. It worked.

“If it an ’it broke, don’t fix it”

0 Ratings