Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ethanhill
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud web interface - "checking"

Go to solution

Using bt cloud web interface (btcloud.bt.com), I tried uploading some mp3's.  A few worked perfectly (can view them, play them), but the others had issues.  They show up, but the name just says "checking...", type says "other" (instead of "music") and there is no tick box next to it.  The file size shows correctly, and if I hover over the file, it shows the correct file name.  I can delete the file, but I can't download it again.

Other file types do the same thing (pdf, jpg, xls, ...).

Anyone else seeing this?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
clivemacd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud web interface - "checking"

Go to solution

Yep! You're not alone.

Looks like you posted your problem a couple of hours before my post:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Status-of-Files-Uploaded-is-Stuck-Disp...

I searched for 'checking' before posting but for some reason the search insists on returning all instances of 'check' also, which is why I missed your post.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@ethanhill wrote:

Using bt cloud web interface (btcloud.bt.com), I tried uploading some mp3's.  A few worked perfectly (can view them, play them), but the others had issues.  They show up, but the name just says "checking...", type says "other" (instead of "music") and there is no tick box next to it.  The file size shows correctly, and if I hover over the file, it shows the correct file name.  I can delete the file, but I can't download it again.

Other file types do the same thing (pdf, jpg, xls, ...).

Anyone else seeing this?

Does this happen only when uploading large numbers of files or even large files? What is your upload connection speed?

I use BT Cloud weekly to upload and overwrite data logging files in excel. Upload data rate is 13 Mbps.

There is a "pause" command, if you suspect that the upload time is excessive.

Sometimes I just log out and log in again, using the procedure log out on all devices, then wait for the login screen to reappear. This (should!) pause the upload, and resume when you login again.

Still strange though.....

0 Ratings
ethanhill
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Upload speed 9 Mbps.

This happens when uploading small or large files, in batches or one at a time. The bt cloud webpage says upload complete, but even a week later, the file still shows "checking...". Doesn't appear to be problem with name of file or size.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@ethanhill wrote:

Upload speed 9 Mbps.

This happens when uploading small or large files, in batches or one at a time. The bt cloud webpage says upload complete, but even a week later, the file still shows "checking...". Doesn't appear to be problem with name of file or size.

There was a post from DavidM in this thread. Go to message number 20, - penultimate post when I looked.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-from-BT/Bt-cloud-some-photos-not-uploading/td-p/1647614

It may be part of the cause of your problem, taking note that the post is 2 days old.

0 Ratings