cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud web storage

I posted this query a while ago and I chose to post it on a board called 'The Lounge'. I have no idea what 'The Lounge' means and I can't find any explanation for it. I haven't had a response so I thought I would post it again on this board.

I recently bought a new laptop. I have uploaded all my photos and documents from the old laptop to BT Cloud on the web. I expected the photos to upload in the folders they were in on the old laptop but they have uploaded as single photos. So, I'm trying to create albums and re-organise the photos. 

I have noticed that when I add a photo to an album there are then two copies of the photo, one in the album and the other still in the group of uploaded photos i.e. the process has not moved the photo but just copied it. If I then try and delete the uploaded photo it also disappears from the album. Surely this means that I am doubling the storage usage? Can anyone explain this, please?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud web storage

Hi @victim311 

I don't use the BT Cloud but you appear to be describing an index (album) that simply points to the storage location of the actual image. Only one photo is being uploaded but may have multiple indexes pointing to it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud web storage

Thanks very much for your reply. Are you saying that the album is not actually using up any storage space but is simply pointing to the original picture or pictures? Would that mean that if I deleted one or more pictures 'in' the album, or even the album itself then the uploaded picture(s) would still be there?

0 Ratings