Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
22pilgrim
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Cloud will not start up

Go to solution

Yesterday, I stopped BT Cloud from starting up when pc started up via msconfig startup.

Today, tried to start bt cloud and got this msg 'Could not connect to the service. Check your network connection.'

i reticked bt cloud in msgonfig srartup, but got the same msg.

I have uninstalled bt cloud, redownloaded a fresh copy and reinstalled it. I get same msg.

Have re booted modem, mage exeception in firewall, re start pc. I get same msg each time.

Can someone please help?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Cloud will not start up

Go to solution

Hi 22pilgrim,

Thanks for posting. I can look into this for you. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
22pilgrim
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

sent email, Your enquiry reference number: ******-******

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Has this issue been sorted out yet?  It has been around for ages now.

I have had the problem with the app on win 7 ( but browser is fine) for most of this year, but each time I retry, I give up, and continue on with competitors.

I suspect that most people who have this problem, do the same, and BT does not realise their loss of reputation and custom.

I have a fairly complicated set up in terms of add-ons for security, with hosts file protections, firefox add-ins, Emet, spybot, etc.  So not the normal set up.  And most things work just fine.  I suspect that BT has been doing some dodgy non-standard things which conflicts with this.  For instance their router commandeers the .home domain, forcing one to fiddle with things like wpad.hom and include their router as one of the dns servers.  They also try to create device internet names using the user given device name, and .home, forgetting that spaces are allowed in the device names. That would be interesting to handle  in the router  🙂

Maybe they are forcing something else through their router when they know a bt router exists.

Anyway back to my question.  Has onyone found a solution that is more than chance?

martin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

In the meantime I have got the btcloud app working on my windows 7 machine.  Simple really  😞

- note that the btcloud app is heavily dependent on ie-like things

- there is something going on with mobify.com, which one can see from some previous correspondence

- ie has some tracker protection options, which one can selectively switch on.  basically by source of the lists of offending sites.  mine were all switched on

- one can find out that a.mobify.com is the one item from mobify that appears in these lists.  Not sure which one of the lists, I did not investigate.

- So I switched off the ie tracker protection  ( I don't need it actually, and it might possibly not be necessary?)

- and took the site out of my HOSTS file ( which is where I do my protection with HM )

and bingo I now have the BTcloud app working.

What a pain, that BT could not either work this out or advertise the solution.

The one thing that bugged me was that the app must be accessing a.mobify.com in a way that I find difficult to catch.  And I was not that bothered.

hope this helps someone

cheers

Martin

0 Ratings