cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud won’t start

BT Cloud won’t start

I attempted to upgrade to the new version and deleted the old version as requested. After downloading the new version the system told me I couldn’t run it on Windows 7. I attempted to Roll back but it wouldn’t let me as the old version of the software had been removed - I had observed in the Community that SeanD offered access thru BT Cloud.net which was initially successful but now also blocks me out. I can access my cloud times thru my iPhone which is saved to the Cloud but my laptop files are not being saved.

I read all the complaints already in the Community posts but can Sean D or anyone make sense of all this ASAP?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud won’t start

@davidjlairdwrote:

BT Cloud won’t start

I attempted to upgrade to the new version and deleted the old version as requested. After downloading the new version the system told me I couldn’t run it on Windows 7. I attempted to Roll back but it wouldn’t let me as the old version of the software had been removed - I had observed in the Community that SeanD offered access thru BT Cloud.net which was initially successful but now also blocks me out. I can access my cloud times thru my iPhone which is saved to the Cloud but my laptop files are not being saved.

I read all the complaints already in the Community posts but can Sean D or anyone make sense of all this ASAP?

Unfortunately Windows 7 is so old, even Microsoft has stopped supporting it now. Most new software wont support Windows 7 anymore - you need to upgrade to a later OS like Windows 10.  I would recommend you do this as Windows 7 can be classed as "insecure" due to the fact even if a huge security defect is found Microsoft don't have to fix it. 

With regards to BT Cloud - unless you upgrade OS you can still use it on the web or through the app as you have said. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud won’t start

I have now upgraded my system with a brand new Windows 10 Dell & downloaded the latest version of BT Cloud with high expectations - Guess What???

Yup yr way ahead of me 'BT Cloud wont start !!!!
What do I do now? Anyone any suggestions? I've read some of the recent posts in the past few weeks and see that nothing has changed - dont understand the bottom tray option - can someone enlighten me/ cheers
0 Ratings