Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dntaylor68
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT Cloud

Hi,

For the past 48 my BT Cloud services haven't been working. Seems to back up ok on my laptop but when I try to download anything to my phone from the cloud I'm getting a message saying connecting please wait.

Bit frustrating to be honest not being able to access my photos.

I've got the up to date app, tried rebooting, signing out and back in. Currently have the Hub 6. Samsung S7 on 7.0

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Cloud

Hi @Dntaylor68 and thanks for posting.

Your best bet would be to contact the Cloud helpdesk on 0800 500 3114. They'll be able to look into this for you. can you give that a try and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Dougie25
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

I have exactly the same problem. The odd thing is I can view videos using the BT Cloud app on my phone but can't even get a sharp image of my photos or download documents. My phone just hangs up with connecting please wait and then an error message appears telling me I am nit connected and no data transfer is possible. I can use the web site on my phone to download but the app doesn't work.
Dougie25
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Did the helpdesk help?
0 Ratings
Dougie25
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

I tried complaints department but they didn't seem to understand my problem because the web site works.
0 Ratings
Dntaylor68
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

I spoke to the helpdesk, couldn't help. They can't understand that I can upload to the cloud ok but not download to my phone.
0 Ratings
Dntaylor68
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Exactly the same as me. It's the app. Helpdesk won't have it though!
0 Ratings
Dougie25
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

No doubt about it, it's a change in the app because it worked in the past. Strange that there aren't more complaints about this but I'm irritated that no-one seems that bothered at BT. I'll maybe try phoning again.
0 Ratings
Dntaylor68
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

They were supposed to be ringing me back yesterday....still waiting.
0 Ratings
Dougie25
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Think I know what's been changed. I don't save my files in the BT Cloud folder on my laptop. I have always saved them in the pictures and videos folders. I then upload them to BT Cloud from my laptop by right clicking on the folders and selecting "Add to BT Cloud backups". So when I open the BT Cloud app on my phone and select "All files" I am presented with two choices, "BT Cloud" or "Samsung" (my laptop). I have always used "Samsung" to view and download files on my phone and it is this feature which has been messed up in the latest version of the app. As an experiment, I copied a photo folder to the BT Cloud folder and it uploaded automatically (a duplicate of course) to the cloud. When it was uploaded I was able to download files as normal. This doesn't solve the problem because I have no intention of transferring my thousands of photos to the BT Cloud folder on my laptop. I don't think the BT Cloud staff at the complaints desk even understand my problem but surely others must be affected? The reviews about the BTCloud app also have people complaining about similar problems. It's probably been created by the system developers but there doesn't appear to be any way to ask them for comment. I've never managed to get past the initial contact person on the phone and they're so keen to sign you off as a problem solved.
0 Ratings