cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Cloud

Hi all. I am a primary account holder and have access to a BT Cloud account (1000gb) My wife like myself is a BT internet and mobile phone user . The question I would like to ask is whether it is possible our BT Cloud account can be split or accessed as two separate accounts say 500gb each. My wife could then save her photo’s/video’s in BT Cloud as a sub account without having hers and mine mixed up.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Cloud

@hubbyswrote:

Hi all. I am a primary account holder and have access to a BT Cloud account (1000gb) My wife like myself is a BT internet and mobile phone user . The question I would like to ask is whether it is possible our BT Cloud account can be split or accessed as two separate accounts say 500gb each. My wife could then save her photo’s/video’s in BT Cloud as a sub account without having hers and mine mixed up.

You can both use the same BTCloud account, as you probably are doing already.

The mixing of photos and videos is just a rubbish effect of the BTCloud web interface.  I really wish this would be withdrawn because I can't see any use for it and it causes so much confusion for users.  However, if you scroll down the icons on the left of the screen, you'll see one that looks like a folder and shows "All My Files".  If you view the files using that method then it should show those backed up from each PC in separate individual folder structures, exactly as they are stored on you and your wife's PCs, without mixing the photos or videos together.

Hopefully that's what you are looking for.  The only mixing that is occurring is in those rubbish viewing options called Activity, Photos & Videos, Music and Documents which use some unpublished algorithm to (dis)organise your BTCloud content.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Just to add to what @RKM  was saying, steer clear of the Windows 10 cloud app for the time being, it's a bit poorly since the last update

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi RKM

Thanks for the quick reply. Much appreciated. Yes, I am using the All Files option at the moment for my wife to access her folders and although a way around the situation, you would think BT would look into this problem which many people have found, using BT Cloud. Not being able to add a separate sub account, especially if it is the wife and she has her BT mobile under the same billing account as mine seems a backward step to me. There again I worked for BT for 47 years so I shouldn’t be surprised.👍

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi Les-Gibson

Thanks for the advice. I did update the BT Cloud on my windows 10 pro and did find some problems. In the end a lot of my photo’s / video’s more than duplicated and I ended up manually having to remove them. The update certainly did not go smoothly at all.

Thanks again Les-Gibson. 
Much appreciated. Hubbys

Message 6 of 7

I don't know if you've seen it, but there is a not so short thread on the subject here https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/BT-Cloud-Won-t-Start/td-p/2117275

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks again Les -Gibson. I was lucky in that clicking on the uninstall previous BT Cloud actually removed it but installing the new app was hit and miss with syncing of my PC and that’s when photo’s/ video’s automatically updated to Cloud without me setting the option to do so. After reading the short thread it looks as if several people have had a problems with the update. Thanks again Les - Gibson. Much appreciated for your help and advice.👍