cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tarnbrick
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Cloud

I have recently removed loads of old files onto a DVD to free up space on my hard drive. These files will not need to be updated but kept for references purposes. I have the full BT Cloud 50gb allowance so I thought I could upload these files to the clous for safe storage.  I can find no way to do this without a file on my hard disc being created (the BT Sync folder) where verything I upload is put.

Therefore I have achieved nothing. All the files I had removed to the DVD are back on my hard drive again.  This is just a pointless exercise.  Does any body know how to upload from a removable device to BT Cloud without all the files being put back on the hard disc?  This seems to be the same problem with OneDrive, Google Drive and Amazon etc.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Cloud

Hi Tarnbrick,

If you upload the file using BT cloud sync and you're not using the back up function you can delete the file on your computer after uploading it.  Check out this link for more info How do I add files to BT Cloud

Cheers 

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Tarnbrick
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Cloud

Thank you for replying.

But if you delete it from the BT Sync folder on the PC it also gets deleted from BT Cloud.  Quite a number of people on this forum have come across the same problem. Nobody has yet found the solution.

I think BT Cloud posts should have their own section in this forum - there are obviously quite a number of issues that users want to talk about.

I would never have thought of looking under "Apps and Extras from BT" and only found BT Cloud posts by chance.

0 Ratings