cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Cloud

Hi, I recently installed an update to BT Cloud on my MacBook ... ever since it crashes on startup with "BT Cloud quit unexpectedly" ... I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.5 ... I've tried re-downloading the software (version 17.3.21.6) from the BT site but have the exacty same problem 😞 ... any ideas please ???

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Cloud

@fleetandersons I'm sorry about the problems you're having with the BT Cloud service.  The Cloud team believe that your problems may stem from the Mac OS that your MacBook is running and recommended that you upgrade the OS.  

They have advised that all Macs which are capable of running 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or 10.9 (Mavericks) are also capable of running 10.10 (Yosemite) and 10.11 (El Capitan).  The upgrades are free, and apple distributes them through Mac App Store application, found on every Mac.

Please can you post back to let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

@NeilOwrote:

@fleetandersons I'm sorry about the problems you're having with the BT Cloud service.  The Cloud team believe that your problems may stem from the Mac OS that your MacBook is running and recommended that you upgrade the OS.  

They have advised that all Macs which are capable of running 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or 10.9 (Mavericks) are also capable of running 10.10 (Yosemite) and 10.11 (El Capitan).  The upgrades are free, and apple distributes them through Mac App Store application, found on every Mac.

Please can you post back to let us know how you get on?

Thanks

Neil

Thanks for your response Neil ... I'm wary about moving to a later version on the OS as I suspect it would put too much strain on my system - is there likely to be a fix to the Cloud software to enable it to work with OS X 10.9 ???

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

@fleetandersons I've emailed our BT Cloud team to ask, but I doubt it.  As soon as they get back to me with an update I'll post here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

... any news on this ???
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Hi I'm having the same problems but I'm loathed to upgrade the OS as I have microsoft Office from the time I bought the computer and that might not work with the upgraded OS.

is there anyway of runing previous version of BT Cloud software?

0 Ratings