cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stamp
Message 1 of 8

BT FON Issues

Hi,

I have never used BT FON before but now have more of a need to use it out and about. Looking in my account I noticed that I had "Opted In" to BT FON, and had unlimited minutes. I have BT Total Broadband Option 2.

Now, when I go to login on my laptop away from home, I login using my details and it says that my username/password was not recognised. I also tried logging in to the other 2 options on the list, one of which was to login through BT FON. I have been a BT Broadband customer since broadband was available if that has anything to do with it. Also, I no longer have a BT HomeHub as I bought a router that could blast signals further around my home.

I also tried Opting Out then Opting In again, but still, I cannot login.

Thanks for any help!

Stamp

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT FON Issues

Does it say you are opted in when you go here https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do

When you connect to FON, select BT Broadband customer, and login with your PRIMARY e-mail account and password.

If you have problems, try a different web browser.

0 Ratings
Stamp
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for the quick reply,

Yes it says Opted In. And BTFON Minutes used - 0

I have just tried logging in again selecting that option and same issue, it says please check you have entered Username/Password correctly.

If I have "Opted In" again only recently on the BT FON website, will it take a while to re-register? Also, how come I have to login using BT Total Broadband when I have opted in using BT FON?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Stamp
Message 4 of 8

AH!!
Sorted!

I was logging in like this: blah@btopenworld.com
So just tried logging in like this: blah

and it worked!
0 Ratings
Stamp
Message 5 of 8

P.S
I have unlimited usage, so it wont cost me anything right?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

You have to select the option that tells FON that you are a BT Broadband customer, as other non-BT customers can use FON as well, by paying, or via 3rd party arrangement.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

I see you have it sorted.

No it will not cost you anything, its part of your service :smileywink:

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 8

@Stamp wrote:
AH!!
Sorted!

I was logging in like this: blah@btopenworld.com
So just tried logging in like this: blah

and it worked!

Just for interest, I think that's because it only accepts the btinternet.com domain (or none at all it appears).

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings