cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
perryshere
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT FON being unreliable once again.

I can see I'm far from the only person having trouble with this load of **bleep**, but if this doesn't fix up I'm leaving my BT contract.

Basically my broadband isn't at home because of technical issues, so I use FON for my desktop, guess what? It doesn't work. Its constantly limited, no matter what I do it stays the same. It doesn't open the sign in page or anything, just instantly limited.

anyone for an answer? Also, sorry if this is a wrong section.
Tags (2)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT FON being unreliable once again.

The BTWifi-Fon is usually transmitted from a BT customers Homehub. When there are problems logging onto a signal that is being broadcast it is probably because the Homehub is needing to be re-set.

BT can not do this so unless you know where the signal is being broadcast from and feel you can approach the owner of the Homehub and ask him/her to reset it, there is nothing that can be done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Is the FON you're connecting to actually your own Home Hub that hasn't got a connection to the internet?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

The "owner"of the hub could have a line fault that is affecting the speed or causing cutoffs as mentioned unless you know who's hub you are connected to I am afraid not much can be done. They may even switch the hub off when they go to bed or even when they are not using the Internet.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
ryanbowden
Message 5 of 6

Just to add to this I'm also having probs with FON in my flat im in for too short of a time to sort having a phone line installed etc anyways been using fon here since december and was connected fine up until 2 weeks ago when the signal got stronger but then started going limited every 10 mins or so theres 2 new BT hubs close with full 5 bars but when I have the limited issues its says im connected to BT WIFI with FON 10 but it works perfectly when on BT WIFI with FON 5 7 or 11 sounds crazy as im in the same location that it connects to different numbers what ever they mean if anyone has a solution so i connect to anything but 10 id appreciate it

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

see my previous answer as well as gg30340s
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings