cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 36

BT ID for cloud please

I have wasted a morning going round in circles , It seems my bt id is linked to my email account so I need a new bt id for a cloud account , when it asks for a valid email it takes me back to that account which I cannot get the cloud option ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as the phone lines seem to want to help priority cases at the moment .

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 36

Re: BT ID for cloud please

Have you followed the instructions on the link below? Your BT id is what you use for both cloud and email.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/bt-cloud/fix-a-problem/i-m-having-a-problem-with-bt-cloud-login 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 36

Hi , I talked to a lady from bt this morning , she said my bt id was for emails and I would need a btid that was linked to my broadband account with a different email , this has led to lots of confusion . I can now see an activation choice but it just takes me back around in a loop to square 1 , thankyou for your reply , I will look at the link but I think it is something deeper ? Mike
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 36

Please select the account that you want to be able to access BT Cloud services from.......I get to a choice of 2 accounts , my email and broadband , both do not get past this point
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 36

Weird!

I got an error message asking me to set up BT Cloud

Go to www.bt.com/mybt and log in with your BT ID. You can activate BT Cloud by clicking on the BT Cloud tile. Remember that you can only activate one BT Cloud under your BT ID, even if you have multiple billing accounts.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 36

@Sparky69wrote:

I have wasted a morning going round in circles , It seems my bt id is linked to my email account so I need a new bt id for a cloud account , when it asks for a valid email it takes me back to that account which I cannot get the cloud option ? Any advice would be greatly appreciated as the phone lines seem to want to help priority cases at the moment .

Your email username and password can be different to the username and password you use to login to MyBT but your MyBT username and password should also allow you to login to btcloud.bt.com

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 36

Please select the account that you want to be able to access BT Cloud services from

I get 2 options to tick , neither work , nothing happens  >

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 36

@Sparky69wrote:

Please select the account that you want to be able to access BT Cloud services from

I get 2 options to tick , neither work , nothing happens  >

Have you got two different active logins to MyBT?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 36

I am not sure ? How would I check please ? I have two account numbers though , one for email and one for my broadband account . When  I try to activate it asks me to choose an account to link , nothing happens past this point .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 36

It looks like the account holder is on my email account but the cloud option is under my broadband account ?
0 Ratings