cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

BT ID not recognising account number

Trying to set up my BT ID and the site keeps telling me that they don’t recognise my BT account number. 
Have tried removing spaces, changing first two letters to GB( as per another post) no joy!

please can anyone help? Thanks 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT ID not recognising account number

@Sarahb78  Can you not log in to your MyBT using your email address and password? This would be your default email address provided to you by BT.

There is nothing to set-up. MyBT (your BT account and products) is provided by BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Hi yes I can do that to get onto mybt but when I try my bt sports which I have with my broadband it asks for my BT ID. Tried with the normal email and password and it says that isn’t correct . 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 7

@Sarahb78wrote:

Trying to set up my BT ID and the site keeps telling me that they don’t recognise my BT account number. 
Have tried removing spaces, changing first two letters to GB( as per another post) no joy!

I responded as I couldn't understand why you mentioned GB, your account number.

As far as I am aware, all BT Sport via apps, is available by logging in using your BT email id and password NOT your BT id (GBxxxxx).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Hi @Sarahb78,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for taking the time to post. Sorry that you are having problems trying to view BT Sport. Are you trying to access BT Sport on via the app or the BT Sport website and online player?

If your MyBT account is already set up and you can view the bills you shouldn't be asked for your account number.

Thanks

Matt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 7

Hi , this is what I don’t understand. 

I can log in to see my bills etc. I then try BT sports via web or app and it just doesn’t recognise the details at all.

Any ideas? 
Thanks, 

Sarah

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Hi , 

I thought my email and password should work too but they don’t. 

Wasn’t sure if a BT ID was a separate log in for all BT platforms so tried to create one. That’s where it was asking for the account number. 
Have to admit it all seems a bit hard work. 
Thanks for coming back to me. 

I’m giving up for now! 

0 Ratings