cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1963Mike
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT ID

Okay so basically I tried to set up a WiFi disk upstairs to get better signal. To do that, you need the app or use an Ethernet cable (which is nowhere near long enough). I opted for the app - so you need an ID right? Well thought I didn’t have one, went through the whole registration process and turns out that email is in use so I do have one. Go to sign in, no password works. Okay, I’ll just reset it. I do that, confirm my new password and go through all the hassle and I go to sign in and it still doesn’t work. It says to enter a correct one. Nice - I just did that I’m glad it worked ffs. Okay, so it says to try to sign in through a browser; lo and behold that doesn’t work either. I am now locked out of my account and can only access internet from downstairs. Help
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT ID

Hi @1963Mike I'm sorry to read about the problems you've had with your BT ID password. 

If you bring the disc to where the Hub is located you can do the set up with the etherenet cable then disconnect the cables and reposition the disc after the set up has completed. 

1. Plug one end of the ethernet cable into a yellow port on the back of the Hub and the other end into the yellow port on the disc
  2. The light on the Wi-Fi disc will start flashing blue and will turn solid blue after a couple of minutes
  3. You can now unplug the cable. The light will change to flashing red, but will go back to solid blue after a few seconds
  4. Unplug the disc from the mains and plug it in at the preferred location

With regards to the password I'd recommend chatting with our billing and accounts team on this link and they'll be able to assist you getting into your BT ID.

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT ID

Hi @1963Mike did you manage to get this sorted?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings