cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 52

Re: BT Infinity - unable to opt-out (again) from BT Wi-fi

Go to solution

Hi @chrisdw I called earlier and left a brief message. Just to confirm I have updated the records and would ask that you check again if you are showing as opted and post back to let me know.

If you are still not opted out I will then raise a fault to get this fixed for you.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 12 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2, sorry I missed your call. Thanks for doing that, I've just checked my HomeHub, it's still showing BT Wifi as active but I'll check again later in case it takes a while to filter down. I still can't log in to the BT Wifi page at https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do to check on there though.

0 Ratings
asif2017
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 52

Go to solution

Rebooted the hub and I can confirm that I have been opted-out!

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @chrisdw Thanks for checking that for me. Will you reboot the hub and check again for me. 

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 15 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2, have done a full reboot but it's still showing as active (and my Wifi performance is still abysmal!). Is a factory reset worth a try?

It's a bit frustrating really, everything was fine before it was re-enabled!

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @chrisdw Sorry it hasn't worked. I have raised the fault to get this switched off for you and it can take a few days to resolve. I will keep you updated of the progress.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 52

Go to solution
@chrisdw don't do Factory Reset. Doing a Factory Reset will enable the BT Fon, which is the default setting on all hubs.
0 Ratings
asif2017
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 52

Go to solution

I rebooted the hub - effectively switched it off. Gave it a few mins and restarted. 

0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 19 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2, thanks very much, hopefully that resolves it. Just checked again and it's still showing as Active on the HH, I'll try another reboot later though. I appreciate your help.

0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 20 of 52

Go to solution

@Dippu wrote:
@chrisdw don't do Factory Reset. Doing a Factory Reset will enable the BT Fon, which is the default setting on all hubs.

I had to do a couple of factory resets a few months back when BT were trying to diagnose a connection problem (which was entirely down to their exchange), BT Wifi remained disabled afterwards. It's only become enabled since I moved house.

0 Ratings