cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 52

Re: BT Infinity - unable to opt-out (again) from BT Wi-fi

Go to solution

Hi @chrisdw The faults team have come back and found that you were opted in on one system. They have manually opted you out now. Will you check again for me please and post back to let me know if this is fixed.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 22 of 52

Go to solution

Thanks for the update@JohnC2. I've just done a full reboot (powered off for a few mins), but it's still showing as active unfortunately.

0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 23 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2, thanks for your help so far with this, as it's been ongoing for a while now though what's my best course of action for getting it remedied? I can't put up with this atrocious wifi performance any longer, it's affecting all my devices even when I'm sat within arms reach of the router.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 52

Go to solution
Whatever the cause of your wifi problem is, it isn't due to BTwifi being active.
0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 52

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:
Whatever the cause of your wifi problem is, it isn't due to BTwifi being active.

Why not. Potentially it could be a faulty hub that refuses to disable the BT WiFi when intervened manually and as a consequence having an affect on the internal wifi.

The only way to prove this is to replace the hub and repeat the disabling process.

0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 26 of 52

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Until I can disable it entirely, I'm not ruling it out. I don't see how having 4 additional networks being broadcast on the same channels I'm using can have no detrimental effect, however.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @chrisdw I called earlier sorry I missed you. The WiFi team have confirmed that you are showing as opted out now on all their platforms. The case has been passed to the hub team to investigate why the hub is not displaying the correct information. 

As you are opted out on the backend systems this should not be affecting the  the Wifi should not be causing your Wifi issues.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 28 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2, sorry for missing your call again. The BT Wifi networks are definitely still being broadcast though, they're visible on InSSIDer, highlighted in yellow in the screenshot below.

inssider.PNG

0 Ratings
Bowdon
Contributor
Message 29 of 52

Go to solution

I just saw this thread. I'm in the same situation.

I had deactivated BT Wifi hotpots when I used to have the HH4, so its Inactive in BT extras. Yet the new smart hub I just got 2 days ago shows it as being Active, and it is broadcasting as I can see it on my phone when it scans for wifi networks. My BT Wifi hotspot is the only one unsecured.

Like you I couldnt login to the bt wifi site.

I'd like to know how many systems do we have to opt out of being it turns off in the smart hub?

0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 30 of 52

Go to solution

Just checked this morning, and BT Wifi is now showing as "not active" and a quick check on InSSIDer shows far fewer networks clogging the channels now. Smiley Happy

Thanks @JohnC2 and your colleagues for your help with this, it's really appreciated. Hopefully it stays off!

0 Ratings