Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 41 of 52

Re: BT Infinity - unable to opt-out (again) from BT Wi-fi

Go to solution

Understandable! Thanks for that, will send it over now.

0 Ratings
mrMick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 52

Go to solution

I'm glad i'm not the only one who's HomeHub 5 becomes sluggish and unresponsive with BT WiFi active. No improvement even after rebooting it either. This really isn't acceptable.

0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 43 of 52

Go to solution

Things do seem better today (BT Wifi is still active though) but yes, it's frustrating. Fortunately the BT Wifi team in Exeter are on the case so it'll hopefully be resolved in a few days.

0 Ratings
mrMick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 52

Go to solution

Very hit and miss I find. Sometimes it's full speed (Infinity 2 FTTP here), others barely 10Mbps. Just to test, tried ethernet and that's consistently fast, so definitely the WiFi.

0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 45 of 52

Go to solution

Just wanted to update, noticed a couple of days ago that my wifi performance was largely back to normal. Checked the HomeHub status page and BT WiFi was once again disabled. Thanks to whoever turned it off, long may it stay that way!

On a related note, if I were to upgrade to a new SmartHub, would I need to get opted-out again or would the new one detect that it shouldn't be active?

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @chrisdw,

Thank you for posting back. I've been keeping an eye on your case and I can see that my colleague in the BT Wifi team have been speaking to you today. I'm glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

With regards to the BT Smart Hub, the Hub does come with the default status of BT wifi being opted in. Once you have the Hub connected, it should stop broadcasting the BT Wifi in a few days as soon as the Hub picks up the the opt out request as being your chosen preference.

This process will happen automatically and there is no need to opt in and opt out again. 

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 47 of 52

Go to solution

Thanks @PaddyB, I've had my HH5 for a few years now so I'll see if I can get a newer SmartHub out of the retentions team when I next renew my contract.

0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 48 of 52

Go to solution

Morning, looks like I'll need some help opting out of BT Wi-Fi again! I upgraded to a Smart Hub 2 a couple of weeks ago and BT Wi-Fi was active by default, I left it a week in the hope that it would eventually detect that it should be disabled and it hasn't.

For the first time ever the BT Wi-Fi opt-out page in my account on the BT website actually works, so about a week ago I selected opt-out and have been waiting patiently ever since for it to disable, but it still hasn't. I'm assuming that because it was manually disabled last time by one of the tech teams at BT Wi-Fi, this setting isn't working correctly.

Any help (ideally from a moderator) in getting this sorted again would be gratefully received. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 52

Go to solution

Hi @chrisdw I think it may take up to 28 days from when the new hub was connected to update the status but we will be happy to check your profile to ensure it updates.

I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. check here
https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
chrisdw
Contributor
Message 50 of 52

Go to solution

Thanks @JohnC2, I've sent you a message with all the info. If it's a 28 days that's not a problem, but I'd be grateful if someone could check just because of the issues I've had with it not properly disabling before.  Smiley Happy

0 Ratings