cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericdickson
Message 1 of 6

BT Mc Afee

When i try and download Bt protect part of package " restart before download" nothing changes repeats message plus Windows compatability check says program "not compatable" 

Is the BT Mc Afee [boadband extra infinity 1 ] incompatable with Windows 10

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Mc Afee

McAfee is a known resource hog, no idea about compatibility issues as I would never use it.  Try one of the free offerings online, Avast and ZoneAlarm are quite popular.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@ericdickson welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems installing BT Virus protect. The software is compatible with Windows 10 and I would recommend you try running the McAfee preinstall tool to rule out any problems related to software incompatibility.

Most computers are 64 bit but if you’re using an older computer, you may want to try 32 bit.

Post back to let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
ericdickson
Message 4 of 6

unfortunately i am still getting the message "you must restart your computer before reinstalling McAfee products" as i had McAfee on my system but it was thrown off during Wiin 10 updates.

Looks like i will have to make do with defender even though it claims that it would auto delete if another product was input i hope at each 10 update that this problem will be solved but as yet all i get is the above message at any and every attempt

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@ericdickson oh I see, there must be traces of the McAfee still on the pc which will cause problems.  Can you try following the instructions in senario 1 on this link as it should remove the previous McAfee installion.

0 Ratings
ericdickson
Message 6 of 6

The only third party found "defender" which i will not touch for obvious reasons extraction tool used twice however the result is still the same.

however i noted after when i looked at downloads the extraction tool 2 copies plus one copy of pre-installation from yesterday still listed, should not the second extraction tool have deleted the previous copy and yesterdays preinstalation ?

0 Ratings