cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Netprotect with existing Mvafee

I have installed Netprotect on a new windows 10 laptop as it is covered by my BT Broadband package. There was an existing (un registered McAfee pre installed - in essence an advert to get you to complete installation and pay). This was recognised by Netprotect during installation and deleted. When you now access the McAfee links you get the BT badged one. However the annoying , you are\ unprotected McAfee dialogue box' keeps popping up - twice in fact while typing this! Anyone else had this problem or have any ideas how to fix?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Netprotect with existing Mvafee

That message is one which crops up from time to time, in general it appears to happen when McAfee performs an update.

If it happens to regularly then you have two choices

1. Uninstill BT Protect (McAfee) using the in built uninstaller
  2. Download and run MCPR.exe from the McAfee website
  3. Re-install BT protect (not recommended) or use Windows Defender (which is due a major upgrade soon) or download the free version of either Avast or AVG
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try. When not recommending netprotect btw?

Tom

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Long story. In short I've never trusted McAfee since my PC got a virus whilst running it, I ended up downloading the free version of Avast to clean it. When I contacted McAfee support about it they just said These things happen.

0 Ratings