Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cssh0599
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Parental Control UNAVAILABLE

Please can anyone help.

We got BT Broadband four days ago. However I can't turn on parental controls. When I log into MYBT it says parental controls are unavailable. When I look at My Security settings in my BT, it says Parental controls will be activated in 24hrs, but it has been saying this for four days. I spent 1hr 37mins on the phone to BT to ressolve this, but still nothing. They dont seem to believe me. I have enclosed a screen shot. I advised them that there are a number of posts on here about this, but they seemed to think its my fault or that im doing something wrong. Please help

BT.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Parental Control UNAVAILABLE

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Meanwhile, have you tried activating BT Web Protect, as the two are related, as they both use DNS interception?

0 Ratings
Cssh0599
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your reply. The button for Webprotect is ther (Unlike Parental Controls), so after reading your message I have just tried to turn that on, bt I get a message after a few seconds that says they are unable to turn this on.

Protect.png

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for trying.

It will have to be dealt with by a moderator.

0 Ratings
Cssh0599
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Thanks Keith.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Cssh0599 and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're having problems with the parental controls. I'm sure I can help with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings