cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Parental Controls Not Working

After working with no problems for years it now appears that BT Parental Controls is not working on my BT Broadband service.

I have not altered my filter setting, or anything else and yet it’s possible to access adult sites (for instance) where this was never possible.

All that’s happened recently is that I have been ‘upgraded’ to Halo. Not something I requested.

I understand from previous posts that moderators can get this looked into on my behalf. 

Can this be done please?

thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Parental Controls Not Working

Hi @HenryCrun,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if your Parental Controls are no longer working. When you check the Parental Controls setting in your MY BT do they still show as active?

If so, please can you try deactivating them and reactivating them to see if that helps?

If that doesn't work, I'll need to get this investigated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I think I have got to the bottom of this now.
If I connect to the Wi-Fi of my main router, then BT Parental Controls work.

However if I connect to the Wi-Fi of the Google Nest mesh system I have connected to the main router to provide Wi-Fi around the house, there is no Parental Controls applied.

I have changed the DNS setting of the Google Nest Wi-Fi from ‘Auto’ to ‘ISP’. 
Then BT Parental Controls are enforced.

It seems I was mistaken in thinking that, as the Nest Wi-Fi system is plugged into the main router, which is attached to BT Broadband,  it would have to use whatever BT settings I had set up.

I have written this in case it helps others in the future.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @HenryCrun,

Thank you for posting back to let us know. That's some really useful information that will help other community members if they find themselves in the same situation.

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings