Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RWJ
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT Parental Controls not working

Go to solution

BT Parental Controls are not working having previously worked without issue in our previous house.

I have followed all of the recommended advice from BT and the community forum including restarting the hub, factory reset etc.

Looking at the community forum it would appear that I now need a "moderator" to investigate/fix.

I would be grateful for help.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
DanielS
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Parental Controls not working

Go to solution

Hi @RWJ,

Welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to see that these are no longer working for you. Can you access your Parental Controls through your online billing account? Does it show as being active?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
RWJ
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the prompt response.

I am able to view my Parental Control settings via MyBT and can confirm that the Parental Controls are shown as active. I have tried changing the filter level to strict and added specific websites to the blocked list and receive an e-mail confirming that my changes have been made. Despite strict settings and websites being on the block list absolutely no filter is applied to web searches. 

I have read all of the BT help advice and followed all the various suggestions on the Community Forum with no success.

I recall the Parental Controls being active in our previous house (we moved just over a year ago) but cannot say when they ceased working in our current house or if indeed they were ever active. We have not changed BT Hub in the house move.

I would be grateful for your help.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @RWJ, thanks for checking that and posting back. We are very busy at the moment so please try the Technical Live Chat Team. They will be able to help you get this resolved quicker. Have a chat with them and post back to let us know how you get on

cheers

John

0 Ratings
RWJ
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Dear John,

Thank you for the suggestion to try the Technical Live Chat Team. Unfortunately they are also very busy and I keep receiving a message that there are no agents available to chat.

Perhaps when you have a moment you could look into my problem - looking on the community forum I do not appear to be alone and the universal solution appears to be for a moderator to investigate/fix. I have already tried all of the recommended solutions from BT, including resetting the router, factory reset etc. I have no desire to repeat all the steps while talking to someone in a call centre.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @RWJ sorry that you could not get through on chat. If you are looking for this fault to be fixed quickly you would be best to call in and speak with the faults team.
We are very busy at the moment and it is taking longer than normal for us to get back to customers. If you are in no rush or happy to wait I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. 

cheers

John

0 Ratings
couzea
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

This is a massive problem for parents in a lockdown. Recent firmware upgrade has completely removed access controls from the latest Home Hub 2 so we are reliant on BT app controls that are hardly worth switching on.

If this is the way things are going with BT then suggest we all look for new providers who have a bit more social responsibility to help parents protect their families.

RWJ
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Update for anyone browsing this thread.

I now have functioning BT Parental Controls.

Paddy, a moderator, contacted the BT Parental Controls Team and reportedly tried a series of changes to my account in order to link my Parental Controls settings to my BT Account. This link had been lost when I moved house.

Finally when I logged into my BT Account I was prompted to "Activate Now" my Parental Controls suggesting that they had reset the whole system. It has taken over a month and I have sent follow-up e-mails weekly.

At no point did I have to make any changes to my router, my parental controls, turn anything on/off.  Nothing I had done  was responsible for the problem and nothing I could do would fix it.

In summary, if you have a similar issue you need a moderator to help you and chase BT to sort the problem at their end. 

AKP
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi

I seem to have the exact same problem as several people on this community. My BT parental controls are not working despite saying that they are activated. I have set the custom filter and even tried blocking some specific urls but nothing is blocked. I have followed all the advice on the BT FAQ page on parental controls (set my DNS as recommended, deleted cache and browser history, reset the hub) and have spent over an hour talking to BT 150. From reading other posts on this community, it appears I need a moderator to contact the BT parental controls team and to fix this issue.

Please can someone help?

Thanks

0 Ratings