Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phil_g
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Parental Controls not working

Hi, 

My parental controls are not working. I have set up a block on a couple of sites, and they are still accessible on my Wifi. I have spoken to BT telephone support and followed their advice of clearing the cache on my device, plus restarting the router, however neither solves the issue. They are definitely switched on.

I did notice that a number of other people on the forum seem to have had similar issues, however in many cases I think these were taken into private discussions with the forum moderators so I am not sure if or how it was resolved. 

I would be very grateful for any support on this. 

Thanks,
Phil 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
JohnC2
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Parental Controls not working

Hi @phil_g welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that the Parental Controls are not working. 

Would you log in to your MyBT and check if Parental Controls are showing in your extras. 
Has this only started happening or have you not used the Parental Controls before?

Have you joined BT recently or moved home?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
phil_g
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi John,

Thnaks for the very prompt response! Yes, when I log onto MyBT it shows me that I have active Parental Controls (see below). I have been at this address with this account for 2 years, and have had light parental controls active all the time (from when I moved in), but only recently tried to block a specific site which alerted me to the fact that the controls don't seem to be working.

Actually I also notice now that my 'light' filtering is not working either, because some of the site categories that are supposed to blocked are definitely getting through.

Phil

BT.png

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 4

Hi @phil_g thanks for checking that for me. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how to contact the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this. We are very busy at the moment so it will take longer than expected for us to get back to you and we'll be in touch as soon as we can. If you need this fixed more urgently then please call in again.

cheers

John 

0 Ratings