Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jaytelford
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

BT Parental Controls still not available months later

Go to solution
Hi,

I am unable to turn on the built in BT Parental Controls because they are "unavailable" it has been months since this problem first occurred and the issue of unavailable parental controls still persists.

I have turned on and off my smart hub and also reset it several times over the months since the issue first occurred and the problem still persists.

Attempts to contact BT about the issue have also failed because the call centre advisors do not understand what I am refering to and assume I am.trying to report connection issues - which is not the case - and thus the problem does not get resolved.

1: Can any forum user who has had this problem in the past tell me what worked for them when attempting to fix the issue of unavailable parental controls

2: Can the mods direct my issue to the correct team (the people who deal with the built in network level BT Parental Controls (the ones I should be able to turn on from the within my online account)

I am now getting fed up of this issue persisting. The only reason I joined BT and then renewed my contract was to take advantage of BTs parental controls as they sounded better than what was offered from competitors and for months now, have been unable to use the one feature that persuaded me to join and then stay with BT.

Regards
Jason
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Recognised Expert Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Parental Controls still not available months later

Go to solution

Hi @jaytelford

I’ve asked a moderator to come have a chat. They can get fairly busy so may take them a while so keep checking back. 

In the meantime, can I ask if you have placed any orders with BT or made any other changes to your account? 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @jaytelford Sorry that the parental controls service shows as not available on your profile.

We will be happy to help you get this fixed if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
jaytelford
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks I have done that now.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @jaytelford,

Thank you for sending in your details. I'm sorry you've had problems setting up Parental Controls. I've made a few changes, that should have corrected things. Please can you try the Parental Controls again and let me know how you get on?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
jaytelford
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Hi, thanks for looking into this for me.

The parental controls are now available and turned on but when I try to set a level "light, strict" etc, I get an error that says

"There was an error saving the data"

And then another error message that says

"Sorry we were unable to complete your request, please try again later"

Thanks
Jason
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @jaytelford,

Thank you for trying that and for posting back. I'm sorry that hasn't worked. 

I've deactivated Parental Controls at my end. Can you try setting them up again to see if that resolves the issue?

Thanks

PaddyB

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
jaytelford
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, thanks again for the reply.

I can confirm that I have been able to active the parental controls and set the correct level as well as add some sites to the allowed/blocked lists.

I am now just waiting for the settings to kick in - which the message said would be within 2 hours.

So for now, it seems that parental controls are fixed and working again.

Thanks

Jason

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @jaytelford,

Thank you for posting back. I'll check back with you tomorrow to make sure it still working okay.

Cheers

PaddyB

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings