Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eortlund
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Parental Controls unavailable

Go to solution

I see this question has been asked before, and it seems there are moderators who have helped solved the issue for various users.

Parental controls is unavailable to us.  I have spoken to several people at BT, but the problem remains.  There is no way to turn it on from our end, and though BT said they could turn it on for me, it remains unavailable.  We have teenagers, and we need to activate it, or we may need to look for another broadband provider. 

I am also unable to turn on Web Protect, though there is a button available to me. When I try, it says there is an error. 

I would request that someone familiar with this problem who knows how to solve it, could contact me soon.

Thank you. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Parental Controls unavailable

Go to solution

Hi @eortlund

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the problems you're having activating and using your Parental Controls service and Web Protect.  This isn't something the community is going to be able to help with so you can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @eortlund I called earlier sorry I could not reach you.

I wanted to get some more information to help you get the fault with the Parental Controls fixed.
What Internet browser are you using and have you tried a different browser?
What operating system are you using?
and finally what does the error message say?

Post back and let me know this information and I'll get this fixed for you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
eortlund
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hello, I'm sorry I was not able to pick up your call.  I am around now if you'd like to try again. I have used Firefox and Chrome browsers.

We have 3 computers in the house, 2 use Microsoft and 1 is a Mac. I also have an iPhone.  All of them have parental controls unavailable and BT web protect unable to be turned on. 

There is an option to turn on the BT web protect but when I try, I get this message: 'Sorry we couldn't turn on your BT Web Protect. Please try again later.'

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @eortlund The bt.com team believe they have fixed this issue. Please can you check and post back to let me know if you can activate the Parental Controls now.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @eortlund Thanks for taking my call earlier and I'm happy to hear that the parental controls are now working for you.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings