I am having issues with various BT Parental Controls and wondered if anyone else is having the same issues or knows how to fix.
1) The ability to unblock a site for 1 hour/full unblock is only offered occasionally in my web browser - i would like this all of the time on PC/iPad/iPhone etc..
2) Sites that have been added to the allowed list still remain blocked (http://hidemyass.com etc..)
3) Hidemyass VPN client works intermittently on PC and the iOS client does not work at all (times out)
4) The BT Parental Controls message does not show which category the site has been blocked under. I do not understand why this valuable source of information has been missed from the blocking page and will assist in fact/fault finding.
5) I have been looking but i cannot find the ability to submit a URL so that a site can be reviewed for incorrectly being blocked/provide categorisation information?
Any help appreciated..
Thanks for posting!
I'm sorry for the problems you're having with Parental controls. If you get in touch with us we'll give you a shout back to chat you in more detail.
Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to "contact the mods".
Thanks a million,
|Did you get the help you needed?|
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
|Show your appreciation!|
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
|Help guide to using the community? Click below|
Sorry to butt in but I also am having trouble with the parentAl control setting. We used to have broadband but now have the line service and email accounts only, although we to access the bt.com page to access this. As we have no access to broadband services we cannot edit the settings, neither can th bt tech's when I phoned in. This has now be referred for a decision. So far we have lost access Sri Facebook, Skype video link, rover.mg.com website, God knows why this should be affecTED by parental controls....
I'm having the same problems.Several websites blocked with no way to turn the controls off or delete them.If this continues being unresolved I shall be cancelling my broadband and looking elsewhere for the service minus the hassle of workarounds.