cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laalaa
Message 1 of 4

BT Parental Controls window won't go away

Hi there,

I use BT Internet and am on wifi. Today I switched on my PC and every time I open a webpage in Google Chrome or Internet Explorer, I get a little window from BTInternet asking me if I want to activate Parental Controls. I click "No" and it takes me to a page, saying "You have chosen not to enable parental controls." All fine and dandy. So I click "Close" on that page and it tries to do something, then just times out. I usually use Chrome but I tried it on Internet Explorer as well, where it closes instead of timing out. 

HOWEVER

It doesn't seem to be registering that I DON'T want to use parental controls because the message appears on every online shopping website I try to visit, and because it's there, I can't browse any of the pages.

The other PC connected to the router via ethernet is not having this problem. 

I've tried clearing cache and cookies and using a different browser (Internet Explorer) but this doesn't work.

Can anyone please help me?

This is what I'm seeing.

stupidbt.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Parental Controls window won't go away

Hi laalaa,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!

Sorry for the problems you're having.  There was an issue with parental controls but everything should be sorted now.  Can you post back to let me know please?  If you're still having problems I'll give you a hand from here if needs be.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
wanstronian
Message 3 of 4

It certainly hasn't been fixed - it's **bleep** me off at this very minute. Fix it NOW, please!

0 Ratings
laalaa
Message 4 of 4

Hi Robbie.

It seemed to go away as randomly as it started, about 24 hours later.

Thanks for your reply. I only just got a notification in my email.

0 Ratings